Did you keep your S8 / S8+?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Added an employee to my business account yesterday and decided to take the bogo deal since his was a new line of service. So here I am, again. This time I went with the S8 as I didnt enjoy the size and uncomfortable nature of the S8+.

Of course mine has a slight red tint on the left and right edges. Pretty hard to notice though.

The S8 for me is much more comfortable to hold and battery life, so far, is similar to my G6. Im trying to not worry about the delicate build of this phone but its definitely not able to be as abused as the G6 in its case and screen protector. The one thing Im worried about is the lag I was experiencing on the S8+. So far theres none but its day 1. I had an issue on my wireless charger last night that I didnt have with the S8+. I had to turn the phone sideways or charging would pause. That may be a reason I exchange for another one.

We'll see if I keep this one or give it to another employee but Im absolutely not giving up the G6 this time around. I'll be keeping that one for outdoor events etc. The S8 can be my work and home phone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Added an employee to my business account yesterday and decided to take the bogo deal since his was a new line of service. So here I am, again. This time I went with the S8 as I didnt enjoy the size and uncomfortable nature of the S8+.

Of course mine has a slight red tint on the left and right edges. Pretty hard to notice though.

The S8 for me is much more comfortable to hold and battery life, so far, is similar to my G6. Im trying to not worry about the delicate build of this phone but its definitely not able to be as abused as the G6 in its case and screen protector. The one thing Im worried about is the lag I was experiencing on the S8+. So far theres none but its day 1. I had an issue on my wireless charger last night that I didnt have with the S8+. I had to turn the phone sideways or charging would pause. That may be a reason I exchange for another one.

We'll see if I keep this one or give it to another employee but Im absolutely not giving up the G6 this time around. I'll be keeping that one for outdoor events etc. The S8 can be my work and home phone.

Lag is from How good of a signal you are getting fr om a carrier.
I have 2 S8+ on verizon. I jave4 ba rs on 4g LTE. It screams.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Lag is from How good of a signal you are getting fr om a carrier.
I have 2 S8+ on verizon. I jave4 ba rs on 4g LTE. It screams.
I'm sorry but that is not correct at all. Cell signal does not cause menu lag. Not sure where you got that idea.

I'm sitting next to a t-mobile tower at work and my signal is -62db consistently. You can't get much better than that.

ef37650d4b7a55259ecefca7b4095f98.jpg

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from the iPhone 7 plus and feel this device including the display is far superior to the iPhone. I had the note series before the iPhone as well as the Google phone. So when the note 8 comes out I plan on upgrading.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely never giving back best phone to date for me no issues at all. I started with a blackberry 8330 back in the day and by far the S8 is the best phone I have ever owned. I was going to get the keyone but now maybe for a second device the S8 will be my daily driver.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
There are definitely some things I miss about my V20 but I'm digging my S8 Plus. I've tried a few other phones out but I always end up coming back to Samsung. Lol

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Been almost a month coming from an iPhone 7 Plus. Don't miss the iPhone one bit. Even went and bought a Rapid Wireless Stand and picked up the Gear S3 Frontier last week to go along with the S8+

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I returned the S8+ because a number of issues. The battery life was only average. I was getting between 4-5 hours SoT. The placement of the FPS left a lot to be desired, to say the least. I was getting constant warnings from the camera to clean the lens. Iris scanner and facial recognition didn't work in low light. I didn't like the weird letterboxing of videos. I didn't like that it only came with 64GB of ROM. And Bixby was a half-baked program that shouldn't have even been introduced on the S8s. Samsung should have waited with it until the Note 8 when it was completed and ready to go.

4-5 hours sot average ? are you mad man lots of people wished they could have that much lmao also i don't know any android phone with more than 64GB of storage.for the camera just don't use the fingerprint if it's that annoying as my iris scanner functions a+ even in complete darkness 0.0 i do agree about the letterboxing but that's something you should've knowned when buying as it has a 18.5:9 ratio.

I'm sorry if i sound mean but most of that makes absolutely no sense to me ........

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
4-5 hours sot average ? are you mad man lots of people wished they could have that much lmao also i don't know any android phone with more than 64GB of storage.for the camera just don't use the fingerprint if it's that annoying as my iris scanner functions a+ even in complete darkness 0.0 i do agree about the letterboxing but that's something you should've knowned when buying as it has a 18.5:9 ratio.

I'm sorry if i sound mean but most of that makes absolutely no sense to me ........

4-5 hours of SOT on the S8+ would be considered very very poor. On the S8 it would be average. I'm at 54% with 12 hours off the charger and 3 hours and 2 minutes of SOT and that's on the regular S8. See the pic below.

The One plus 3t offers 128gb storage as well as other Androids.

Not sure how youve got the iris scanner to work in complete darkness since it needs light to view your eye otherwise it's impossible to work. I can't even get mine to work in sunlight let alone darkness.
043d0c990f911a9cf3ad5146ce6545d8.jpg

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
4-5 hours of SOT on the S8+ would be considered very very poor. On the S8 it would be average. I'm at 54% with 12 hours off the charger and 3 hours and 2 minutes of SOT and that's on the regular S8. See the pic below.

The One plus 3t offers 128gb storage as well as other Androids.

Not sure how youve got the iris scanner to work in complete darkness since it needs light to view your eye otherwise it's impossible to work. I can't even get mine to work in sunlight let alone darkness. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170525/043d0c990f911a9cf3ad5146ce6545d8.jpg

I had 4:56 hours on mine over 2 days and this blows me away the 1+ might offer more storage but the s8 offers micro sd cards so you can technically get more than 128 GB (no idea if the 1+ has this too) but again the 1+ dosen't have all the bells and whistle the s8 has and to me 5 hours sot is plenty pretty sure alot of people would agree here with me if you think it sucks that bad remember it has a more powerfull processor and 1440p display which uses more battery power so if you're satisfied with 1+ i'm curious as to why you'd even switch to the s8 since even with your screenshot i fail to see how that sucks...... imo 54% after 12 hours is crazy with 3+ hours sot + at that rate you'd get about 6 hours sot.

Iris scanner works in complete dark,brightess sunlight, through my normal and polarised sunglasses imo it's better than the fingerprint scanner which i have 0 issues with (guess i have bigger hands than i thought). To finish this those weren't issue your s8 didn't have any defect you've either been spoiled by something (1+ i imagine which in battery test on youtube gets less life than the s8+) or you're coming from an iphone

Also 128GB isin't something necessary to everyone i carry my entire music library on google music and stream it so even 32 Gb would have been enough for ME personally.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I had 4:56 hours on mine over 2 days and this blows me away the 1+ might offer more storage but the s8 offers micro sd cards so you can technically get more than 128 GB (no idea if the 1+ has this too) but again the 1+ dosen't have all the bells and whistle the s8 has and to me 5 hours sot is plenty pretty sure alot of people would agree here with me if you think it sucks that bad remember it has a more powerfull processor and 1440p display which uses more battery power so if you're satisfied with 1+ i'm curious as to why you'd even switch to the s8 since even with your screenshot i fail to see how that sucks...... imo 54% after 12 hours is crazy with 3+ hours sot + at that rate you'd get about 6 hours sot.

Iris scanner works in complete dark,brightess sunlight, through my normal and polarised sunglasses imo it's better than the fingerprint scanner which i have 0 issues with (guess i have bigger hands than i thought). To finish this those weren't issue your s8 didn't have any defect you've either been spoiled by something (1+ i imagine which in battery test on youtube gets less life than the s8+) or you're coming from an iphone

Also 128GB isin't something necessary to everyone i carry my entire music library on google music and stream it so even 32 Gb would have been enough for ME personally.

I think you have me very confused with someone else because nowhere did I say my battery and SOT sucks. I also didn't say I use a One plus. I also didn't complain about the storage as I also use a 32gb G6 and have zero problems with the capacity.

The only thing I've stated that is an issue for me is the iris scanner is sporadic in varying light sources.

As for 5 hours SOT being ok for the 8+, I'm pretty sure you are in a very small minority that would find that acceptable considering most people on here with the 8+ are getting 7-9 hours regularly.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I think you have me very confused with someone else because nowhere did I say my battery and SOT sucks. I also didn't say I use a One plus. I also didn't complain about the storage as I also use a 32gb G6 and have zero problems with the capacity.

The only thing I've stated that is an issue for me is the iris scanner is sporadic in varying light sources.

As for 5 hours SOT being ok for the 8+, I'm pretty sure you are in a very small minority that would find that acceptable considering most people on here with the 8+ are getting 7-9 hours regularly.

My bad should've precised you didn't like it came with 64 Gb (still think it's plenty for 90% of "normal people")
Iris scanner has been a mixed bag for alot of people so i kinda have to agree with your complaint
Should've also precised i'm far from being a heavy user more of a medium since i'm close to my pc 80% of the time i do most of my work on it my s8 is more of a second screen if you will and my morning news as i tend to read newspaper on it(yeah yeah call me old i like being informed :D ahah)

as for the sot that's subjective wether you think it's average or not everyone has different usage and therefore different sot, for my usage 5-6 hours sot on 2 days is absolutely insane i never even had close with my note 4 and that thing was a beast.
I'd still like to apologise if you took it the wrong way as i'm simply not good with words and it tends to sound very wrong again not against you i was simply trying to understand better :p hope you have a better experience with the g6 than the s8 though.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My bad should've precised you didn't like it came with 64 Gb (still think it's plenty for 90% of "normal people")
Iris scanner has been a mixed bag for alot of people so i kinda have to agree with your complaint
Should've also precised i'm far from being a heavy user more of a medium since i'm close to my pc 80% of the time i do most of my work on it my s8 is more of a second screen if you will and my morning news as i tend to read newspaper on it(yeah yeah call me old i like being informed :D ahah)

as for the sot that's subjective wether you think it's average or not everyone has different usage and therefore different sot, for my usage 5-6 hours sot on 2 days is absolutely insane i never even had close with my note 4 and that thing was a beast.
I'd still like to apologise if you took it the wrong way as i'm simply not good with words and it tends to sound very wrong again not against you i was simply trying to understand better hope you have a better experience with the g6 than the s8 though.

I still think your missing that I'm not the guy having issues lol. I'm not having any issues with the S8. I have a G6 also because I like to buy way too many phones. I had issues with the S8+ and got rid of it but now I have a S8 and actually like it lol. 64gb is more than enough storage for me and I don't mind the fingerprint sensor.

Just so we are clear, I'm not the guy you originally quoted. I'm just the guy who replied to a couple things you said to him lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress