08-22-2017 07:29 AM
225 ... 789
tools
    Fine print was not clear and made slightly false statements. I'm seeing a class action lawsuit if there's a very experienced laywer who can do it. Samsung has been sued before many times by Apple over small things and ended up paying. But more over this is a punch in the stomach to those that were loyal Samsung owners.
    Great, a class action lawsuit. All of the plaintiffs get a $50 gift certificate for Samsung accessories and they lawyers all get to buy houses in the Bahamas to dock their new boats.
    con5150 likes this.
    07-25-2017 02:34 PM
    It took three weeks to get one refund. Two weeks to get the other. That is from the time they received the phones back. I had to call more than a few times and twice they said the phones were "lost." LOST?! MMMkay.
    I rejected shipment and they received the phone back at the warehouse on July 7th, so we are approaching 3 weeks now. At the time, they told me not to worry about the SIM that was shipped a week or two before the phone, as it was a free item. Sure enough, I call back wondering about my refund and they tell me I HAVE to send the SIM back to get the refund processed.

They received the SIM on July 19th and I have yet to be refunded. They said it will take 5-7 business days, but I am not confident it will be done without a few more calls. I am preparing to dispute with my credit card issuer at this point. The SIM obviously makes mine more complicated- but did you have to do anything besides wait it out? I mistakenly hit "Return Item" on the order page, so there is an open RMA on the phone order which I think will confuse them since it was sent back as a rejected shipment. FML.
    07-25-2017 08:30 PM
    I returned my S8 like the others here I only received $25. They credited my credit card for order amount still waiting for the $175 to be credited

My 2 coins
    07-25-2017 09:59 PM
    I would just return the Samsung phone. I refused delivery of the S8+ on 7/8. They got the phone back on the 11th but still have not refunded my Samsung Credit account. This is after I sent them an email and they replied back on the 11th that they see the phone is being returned so they will issue me a credit. So far nothing. They are very shaddy and I would not trust them at all.
    07-26-2017 01:15 PM
    I would just return the Samsung phone. I refused delivery of the S8+ on 7/8. They got the phone back on the 11th but still have not refunded my Samsung Credit account. This is after I sent them an email and they replied back on the 11th that they see the phone is being returned so they will issue me a credit. So far nothing. They are very shaddy and I would not trust them at all.

They're really a pretty slipshod operation at samsung.com. I have been waiting since mid-june for an RMA for a chromebook they sent me in error. I've already started making payments on it at Samsung credit. I refused shipment on a second chromebook sent in error and they received on June 26th, I finally did get a credit on that one a few days ago.
    They also are screwed up on the sales side as I tried to order two fitness bands which were on sale for $50 off however when you try to put more than one in your cart you only get the discount on one. Sent an e-mail about that one and got a totally useless answer.
    Luckily everything went fine on the 2 phones I bought.
    07-26-2017 02:39 PM
    How do you know how much they are giving you for your trade-in? Do they send a separate email?
    08-02-2017 02:46 PM
    How do you know how much they are giving you for your trade-in? Do they send a separate email?
    I think it said something like "Your trade-in has been approved"
    You can go to your samsung.com order page and it will show up there.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    08-02-2017 03:04 PM
    I think it said something like "Your trade-in has been approved"
    You can go to your samsung.com order page and it will show up there.
    Gotcha. It's been almost a month since I sent the phone in, and they have received it. It says "confirmed" in the order section.
    08-02-2017 03:41 PM
    Today I'm trading in my 3rd device to At&t for $200 credit - why risk dealing with Samsung? From what is said here about their CS and from speaking to Samsung reps myself I wouldn't try it for half off even.
    08-02-2017 04:32 PM
    Today I'm trading in my 3rd device to At&t for $200 credit - why risk dealing with Samsung? From what is said here about their CS and from speaking to Samsung reps myself I wouldn't try it for half off even.
    I would never send in an expensive device and hope for the best. I always do mine in person at Tmobile or Best Buy.
    08-02-2017 08:59 PM
    I can do that but wanted to give Samsung a chance. I paid with Discover and they are ready to take the dispute since I also have photos to show that the phone was good. I just took it as a a failsafe for any damage during transit; didn't expect Samsung to backtrack on the offer.
    Good News finally!!! After numerous calls and escalations the trade in phone has been accepted for a value of $200. However it was a long and painful process involving numerous calls to Samsung order support; each rep gave a different answer/solution and finally. Looks like the escalations/complaints from numerous customers has had an effect on Samsung. Trade in was initially declined on 7/12 and accepted on 8/3. Meanwhile I logged a dispute with Discover as well and the dispute resolved in my favor; either ways I got $200 for Nexus 6 used for 2 years and now happy. However I wont fall for any trade in promo from Samsung again.
    08-04-2017 12:40 PM
    Some good ones are the people who bought a new phone for $50, unwrapped it and sent it in. Samsung waited 2 weeks to check it so by the time they did the battery was drained. They then rejected the phone because "battery will not hold charge". Well of course it won't if you let it sit for 2 weeks and don't charge it.
    I disagree. If you buy a new phone of any brand it has probably been sitting in the box for well over two weeks. The promo I used was the BOGO which specified Note 5 and S7 variants. Samsung fully honored my properly prepared Note 5.
    08-04-2017 04:12 PM
    I disagree. If you buy a new phone of any brand it has probably been sitting in the box for well over two weeks. The promo I used was the BOGO which specified Note 5 and S7 variants. Samsung fully honored my properly prepared Note 5.
    I'm not sure what you disagree with. People sent in phones after resetting them, they were dead by the time Samsung checked them, Samsung declined them due to bad batteries.
    08-04-2017 04:15 PM
    So I returned my phone and fedex confirm they received it today. I checked samsung.com under my orders and looks like they changed my trade in value from $25 to $200. Aint that a b*tch! I didn't want to roll the dice and wait for samsung to approve my trade in after the return policy expires.
    Now I have to wait and see if they will give me my full refund.
    08-04-2017 05:03 PM
    Gotcha. It's been almost a month since I sent the phone in, and they have received it. It says "confirmed" in the order section.
    Does it still say confirmed? Did you pay with credit card? Did the transaction post yet or did they charge extra $
    08-05-2017 03:35 PM
    It took mine about 6 weeks before it was accepted and credited.
    08-05-2017 06:13 PM
    Only about a week max for my return to be reflected on my account
    08-06-2017 08:03 AM
    Only about a week max for my return to be reflected on my account
    Which phone you returned?
    08-06-2017 10:35 AM
    Just to add one data point, I did jump at the deal, but I called Samsung to make sure that my S3 which was still in great condition would count. They said yes, of course, and so I ran with it. Then this thread popped up and I got worried, but sure enough they accepted the S3. The (replacement) battery was amazing and didn't run down so that wasn't an issue given that it did take them several weeks to test it. Anyway, I wanted to post since I figured people who didn't have their trade in honored would post, and it isn't clear at all if that is a huge percentage or tiny given that people who had theirs honored are much less likely to post.

The accepted return shows the s3 as "product shipped" on the Samsung website. They said that they don't send an email if the phone is accepted, only if it isn't.

I ordered on the last day of the sale and got the new phone on July 18th and shipped my phone back that same day.

I hope those who aren't having their orders honored will win the dispute.

I like Samsung phones, but do have to admit Apple has much better service even if I personally find their phones overpriced and boring compared to android. That said for $425 the unlocked s8 is a heck of a deal with or without world class customer service.
    08-08-2017 12:36 PM
    The accepted return shows the s3 as "product shipped" on the Samsung website. They said that they don't send an email if the phone is accepted, only if it isn't.

They did send me an e-mail when it was finally accepted after about 6 weeks.

Samsung isn't honoring its Galaxy S8 0 trade-in discounts. Major PR blow to come.-2017-08-08_li-2-.jpg
    08-08-2017 01:20 PM

They did send me an e-mail when it was finally accepted after about 6 weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-08-08_LI (2).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	352.5 KB 
ID:	265441
    Product ship is the only confirmation one has to know if trade in was accepted? I thought "confirmed" wasgood then it changes to product shipped? Hmm
    08-08-2017 11:50 PM
    "Dear Customer,

We are writing regarding the Trade-In Order you have recently placed. Unfortunately, your Trade-In Device had been rejected and you were charged. We have made changes in the evaluation process of Trade-In Devices and your phone has met the new requirements. We are refunding the amount you were charged and it will take 5-7 business days for the credit to show up on your original payment method. The specific information for your order is as follows:"

Got this email today. To bad I already sent it back over a week ago.
    08-11-2017 01:01 PM
    "Dear Customer,

We are writing regarding the Trade-In Order you have recently placed. Unfortunately, your Trade-In Device had been rejected and you were charged. We have made changes in the evaluation process of Trade-In Devices and your phone has met the new requirements. We are refunding the amount you were charged and it will take 5-7 business days for the credit to show up on your original payment method. The specific information for your order is as follows:"

Got this email today. To bad I already sent it back over a week ago.
    How convenient - I know people who haven't even been charged but they got their device weeks ago - and the trade in unit was received- no charge for any - this "deal" was so zany
    08-11-2017 03:24 PM
    Finally, after 5 weeks of follow ups, the customer service representative re-escalated my issue on Tuesday and today I received an email that my trade in was accepted (Iphone 4 in very good condition). Glad I didn't return or disputed the charge.

Dear Customer,

We are writing regarding the Trade-In Order you have recently placed. Unfortunately, your Trade-In Device had been rejected and you were charged. We have made changes in the evaluation process of Trade-In Devices and your phone has met the new requirements. We are refunding the amount you were charged and it will take 5-7 business days for the credit to show up on your original payment method. The specific information for your order is as follows:

Order#: XXXXXXXXXX

We value you as a loyal Samsung Customer and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Samsung Customer Care

I really like my new Galaxy s8+ and now I can feel better coz everytime I looked at the phone this issue was bothering me. However I will think twice next time before doing trade in with samsung. Eventhough they say they are waiting for decision from management but look like they are waiting to see how far the customer going with the follow ups and pressure and finally giving refund. Not good customer service. All the best
    08-11-2017 08:33 PM
    I traded in a Galaxy S3. They received it on 7/24 and I received confirmation that the trade in was successful on 8/22. I was expecting the worst, but am relieved that it worked out. I am unlikely to try another mail in trade in again. Too much relying on another party.
    08-22-2017 07:29 AM
225 ... 789