Anyone noticed if you double tap the home button

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
When the screen is off (I've only tested this while using AOD) the phone will light up and go to the lockscreen?

It's nice sometimes, because I'm able to clear notifications without having to unlock, pull down notification shade and then swipe.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You can also hard press the home button from the AOD and it will wake the device. I actually hide the home button from AOD and just hard press to wake.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
When the screen is off (I've only tested this while using AOD) the phone will light up and go to the lockscreen?

It's nice sometimes, because I'm able to clear notifications without having to unlock, pull down notification shade and then swipe.
Yep, was going to post about this a while back. It only work if you have AOD. it's beatiful. Basically a double tap to wake feature that I bet very few people know about.

I use that to get to my notifications on the lock screen and have my home button hard press set to bypass lock screen and go to home screen. This phone is simply amazing.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Yep, was going to post about this a while back. It only work if you have AOD. it's beatiful. Basically a double tap to wake feature that I bet very few people know about.

I use that to get to my notifications on the lock screen and have my home button hard press set to bypass lock screen and go to home screen. This phone is simply amazing.

Same exact settings here. I like this double tap feature, because I usually see/read my notification on my gear S2, but then still have to clear the notification on my phone. Before I discovered this feature, I would hard press home, then pull down shade and swipe to dismiss.

I know I can set the gear manager to clear notifications when I read/clear from my watch, but I leave them alone to remind me later, in case I need to respond to someone at some point later.

tattooed4515

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Same exact settings here. I like this double tap feature, because I usually see/read my notification on my gear S2, but then still have to clear the notification on my phone. Before I discovered this feature, I would hard press home, then pull down shade and swipe to dismiss.

I know I can set the gear manager to clear notifications when I read/clear from my watch, but I leave them alone to remind me later, in case I need to respond to someone at some point later.

How do you do this? Set it to clear from the watch like that? I'm assuming your talking about the Samsung gear app but I don't see that option anywhere.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
How do you do this? Set it to clear from the watch like that? I'm assuming your talking about the Samsung gear app but I don't see that option anywhere.

Good question...for the life of me, I can't seem to find it, but I know it was an option at one point. Samsung has updated the gear app several times in the past year since I bought my Gear S2, so it looks like that option was removed?