Miss my iPhone

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why the original poster can't just sell his phone on swappa or eBay. Yes you will take a big hit. Especially if you paid full retail. But such is life. Your best bet is to use some of the iOS launchers and make the phone more Apple like. Slowly switch it over. Look, I feel your pain. After many years of iPhone use I just got the S8 and am struggling with it. It's a total shock. But I will keep at it.

I don't get it. IOS is more complicated. You HAVE TO use iTunes to sync and transfer files. After all these years, I still don't know how it works. With Android it's the good old drag and drop.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah those massive bezels on the new iPhone 8 leaks... They are stunning! Along side the shiney casing... Looks retro like it's from the past not the present. Most hideous iPhone I've seen, part of the reason I moved from an iPhone to this s8, apple gone barmy.

iPhone already lost the race to have the first bezelless phone and first to have imbedded fingerprint. Some Chinese manufacture already came out with it:

https://youtu.be/kZA-Y6Koy7Y

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Had an S8 for two months, and it's a great phone, but I find myself missing my iPhone. AT&T basically told me sorry about your luck you're stuck with it. It would cost me $350 to turn this phone in and then get a new iPhone.

I like this phone but I had an iPhone for so long, Android is just so foreign at this point.

I'm just complaining because AT&T's policies are stupid.
If it makes you feel any better I have a S8+ and an iPhone 7+ and I prefer the Samsung.

Are you customizing the S8 or keeping it stock?

Try a few launchers and see what you like. I'm currently using Arrow Launcher by Microsoft. It's very good.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Some Chinese manufacture already came out with it:

Which is why hardly anyone will know about it and when the iPhone releases it, everyone that buys it will say how innovative it is.

Same with Samsung. Most people think they were the first to release an iris scanner to unlock the phone when in fact Fujitsu did it back in 2015.

People also think Samsung is the first to use facial recognition when in fact it was released back in 2005 by OMRON corporation.

Not much is innovative anymore. Most of its been done. But unless you have an abnormal obsession with technology, you will think the first company to heavily market it was the one to create it.

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I too am coming from an iPhone 7 to an s8+. For me, I had to get this and Android phone because there is an app that I use that is only available on Android for now and this is a must have to increase profits for my business. Nevertheless, with the passing of each day, I'm starting to love my s8+. I discover new things about it each day that I can't do with my iPhone. Besides that, I love the design of the phone and the ability to fully customize the phone to my satisfaction. Iphone design has become plain and outdated to me. Its as if all other phones are passing iPhone designs by miles and Apple is trying to keep the same look and feel as the very first model release. My only issue with the s8+ is that I haven't figured out how to fully get Android to work with my car. Apple was plug and play. Android, I have to tinker with settings and still my Google maps does not come through my Bluetooth in my car. Anyway, give the s8 sometime and really be open to experience the phone. For me, I see more and reasons that I cannot return to iPhone until to come into the present with their designs and features.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it. IOS is more complicated. You HAVE TO use iTunes to sync and transfer files. After all these years, I still don't know how it works. With Android it's the good old drag and drop.
With music in the cloud, music services etc, it's been years since I connected my iPhone or Android phone to a computer to sync music or transfer files. You are saying as if every iOS user has to sync with iTunes on computer to get music. They will use Apple music, Spotify, Google play music or whatever.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better I have a S8+ and an iPhone 7+ and I prefer the Samsung.

Are you customizing the S8 or keeping it stock?

Try a few launchers and see what you like. I'm currently using Arrow Launcher by Microsoft. It's very good.
I'll have to try that out. I've always used Nova launcher. Do you mind letting me know what you like about this launcher? Is it better than Nova. By the way I didn't feel like I needed Nova on the S8 so I'm using Samsung's UI. Let me know if you don't mind.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I was in the same place as you when switching from iOS to Android.

My history is that I've used iPhones since the iPhone 4 Launch up to the iPhone 6 Plus.

The Keynote and launch of the iPhone 7 prompted me to look elsewhere as it wasn't innovative in my opinion.

Bought the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and after a month or so things just fell into place. So much so that I bought the Samsung Galaxy s8 and haven't looked back.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I would wait for the iPhone 8 to come out then sell the S8 for whatever you can get and then use those proceeds towards the new iPhone.

I'm on the iPhone Upgrade Program so I'm already all set to upgrade when preorders go live.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone 8 leaks give it similar bezels to the s8. Not sure what you're looking at.

No, they don't in the slightest. They are clear risen bezels around the whole of the device. No curved display either, clearly we are seeing different leaks based on this, or the Apple reality distortion field is ramped up.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As some others are suggesting, I would definitely wait before switching back, for several reasons, 1 because a newer better iPhone is coming VERY soon, this will do 2 good things for you, it will give you access to choose a better iPhone, OR get an iPhone 7 (or 7 Plus cheaper as they flood the after market), and 2 it will give you more time with the S8, maybe you will grow to like it, and decide NOT to switch back!

OR you could be super crazy like my and have 5 phones to choose from! I current have an iPhone 7 Plus, One Plus 5, Moto Z Force, Xiaomi Mi Mix, AND Lumia 950.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OP, perhaps going about this a different way: What exactly ​do you miss about the iPhone? With a few exceptions, Android can pull off what iOS can do, it just needs to be done a different way.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OP, perhaps going about this a different way: What exactly ​do you miss about the iPhone? With a few exceptions, Android can pull off what iOS can do, it just needs to be done a different way.

Additionally just about ALL apps are available on both platforms, yes there are a few iOS only apps and a few Android only apps, but those are the exceptions. All major apps are available for both platforms. Now if you have a Windows phone or old school BlackBerry (before they went Android), its a different ball game.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Additionally just about ALL apps are available on both platforms, yes there are a few iOS only apps and a few Android only apps, but those are the exceptions. All major apps are available for both platforms. Now if you have a Windows phone or old school BlackBerry (before they went Android), its a different ball game.

The exceptions I had in mind were iOS specific features, like iMessage/Facetime. Things that are so Apple centric, that there is no reasonable copy of.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The exceptions I had in mind were iOS specific features, like iMessage/Facetime. Things that are so Apple centric, that there is no reasonable copy of.

True, but you can always just use the, in my opinion BETTER, cross platform communication programs such as Skype, BBM, Whatsapp, Facebook Messanger, etc With Facetime/iMessage you can ONLY communicate (mostly) with other Apple users. (yea yea I know you can still SMS others) With these other programs you have a lot more flexibility, especially Skype if you are willing to pay for it. And I didn't even mention Google Hangouts, and Google Dialer, etc Of course all this stuff works equally well on iOS. ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
True, but you can always just use the, in my opinion BETTER, cross platform communication programs such as Skype, BBM, Whatsapp, Facebook Messanger, etc With Facetime/iMessage you can ONLY communicate (mostly) with other Apple users. (yea yea I know you can still SMS others) With these other programs you have a lot more flexibility, especially Skype if you are willing to pay for it. And I didn't even mention Google Hangouts, and Google Dialer, etc Of course all this stuff works equally well on iOS. ;)

Yeah you can pay for pretty much anything to get better service but the thing is most don't want to pay if they can get things for free. I will admit iMessage is a killer feature that Apple put in that makes it simple, easy, and free to use for iOS users. Being able to send full videos without any extra steps besides selecting the video and hitting send is amazing. The best part is no adding people or starting chats -- just text like you normally would and it works. Apple definitely did good with that and it is one of the features I truly miss from using the iPhone.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I honestly don't get what's so great about iMessage and FaceTime, other than that they're basically *****-proof. I have them on my iPhone, but I honestly use Duo and Facebook Messenger just as much. They don't discriminate on what platform you use. Honestly, people would be wise to use the platform agnostic programs like those, just because you don't get trapped and lulled into the same ole thing that just doesn't work with some people and phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo