Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 freezes every hour or so.

matiazar

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem...
yesterday it freeze for a few times... like 45 times in 20 minutes !!!

i made a factory reset and nothing
made a hard reset and nothing ... it works until i configure it and later it freezes again in two or three minutes

now, i have UNCHECKED google account sync... and the phone works all night long.. and still working without problems !!
I hope that this were the problem and solved it !

greetings

JeewanK

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys same thing happened to me about a couple weeks ago. My s3 seems to just freeze randomly. This morning i did a factory reset and installed back over the os and it still happened. However, what i realise is that the update to GMAIL may be the issue. I've uninstalled the update to GMAIL and the phone has been working perfectly fine for about 4hrs now. Not sure if this was the issue, but i'm monitoring the status and would update if it seems plausible.

IMAP

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
It started few weeks ago with my phone on android 4.1.2. Firstly i thought it had something to do with SwiftKey keyboard cause each time i had it installed my phone would freeze up and not respond at all until force reboot (hold power button). then it slowly started happening even with SwiftKey uninstalled. Just until couple days ago was bearable but started getting worse and phone carried on freezing when doing nothing with screen switched off or when multitasking.
I decided to do factory reset this morning and with few problems with google two step verification managed to complete process, but not without hiccups. While signing in to one of apps and pulling notification menu down, the phone crashed again. With clean system and hardly any apps installed it stopped responding at all.
this makes me think that none of apps are at fault here. Its phone. I'd say that's hardware problem

deep_s3

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
It started few weeks ago with my phone on android 4.1.2. Firstly i thought it had something to do with SwiftKey keyboard cause each time i had it installed my phone would freeze up and not respond at all until force reboot (hold power button). then it slowly started happening even with SwiftKey uninstalled. Just until couple days ago was bearable but started getting worse and phone carried on freezing when doing nothing with screen switched off or when multitasking.
I decided to do factory reset this morning and with few problems with google two step verification managed to complete process, but not without hiccups. While signing in to one of apps and pulling notification menu down, the phone crashed again. With clean system and hardly any apps installed it stopped responding at all.
this makes me think that none of apps are at fault here. Its phone. I'd say that's hardware problem

Its not a hardware issue. We were also facing the same issue and everything was fixed after we installed the latest update released by Samsung.

luhzifer

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
MY SOLUTION: Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 freezes every hour or so.

Hi.. i just was experiencing the same sh*t over and over again with i9300 and CM10.1 NIGHTLY...

My phone started to freeze 3-5 times a day... but then it became more and more often (about every 5 minutes). I was trying to flash new roms, new kernels, wiping - but nothing helped... I thought it's a defect on the device. But I wanted to give it one more try and decided to try MIUI again, as it was working well before i flashed CM10.1 - my hope was that it's not a hardware thing but a problem with CyanogenMod. So I did the following (save all your data before, as it's going to be deleted right now ^^):

- flashed the recovery "PhilZ Touch 4" and booted into the recovery
- wipe Data/Factory Reset => wipe Data/Factory Reset
- wipe Cache Partition
- Advanced => wipe Dalvik Cache
- wipe Data/Factory Reset => Clean to Install a New ROM
- Flashed "cm10.1-20130317-NIGHTLY"
- Booted into ROM
- Returned into Recovery
- Flashed "gapps-jb-20130301-signed"
- had fun until now (5 hours and going on ^^) - even though i recovered all my apps and settings via Titanium Backup AND Helium Backup...

Maybe I didn't have to do all steps, but as it didn't really take more time, I did so...

So - hopefully it can help some of you guys...

Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya

Krystal White

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: MY SOLUTION: Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 freezes every hour or so.

Hi all,

i've just joined and i've had major problems with my GS3. It first started probably about 4 months ago (i've had this phone for about 6 months), the sd card was unmounting itself, then a month or so later the phone started freezing. I tolerated it for a while. I left the phone and a while later it started working as if nothing happened. Then it started freezing more often and if i left it for, say, half hour to an hour, it would still be frozen. I took the battery out and then re-started the phone and it would work fine, for about a day and then freeze again. It got worse over time and only a few weeks ago i had it on charge, when i took it off charge, it froze but still charged (=/). On Friday just gone, i had it on charge, it was working fine, when i took it off charge it froze again and now the phone will not work at all. I took the battery out and put it back in again, turned the phone on and now it just repeats the intro screens. I've tried it every day since, and still nothing. I left it like that all day to see it would correct itself eventually. after a few hours i got annoyed with it and took the battery out and since then it's just been sitting there.

unfortunately theres nothing i can do now since i can't get past the intro screens to do a factory reset. Did anyone else have this problem??

Thanks

PS - i'm not a very technical person, all i know it that my phone usually updated by itself, when it was actually working...

luhzifer

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site

Hi all,

i've just joined and i've had major problems with my GS3. It first started probably about 4 months ago (i've had this phone for about 6 months), the sd card was unmounting itself, then a month or so later the phone started freezing. I tolerated it for a while. I left the phone and a while later it started working as if nothing happened. Then it started freezing more often and if i left it for, say, half hour to an hour, it would still be frozen. I took the battery out and then re-started the phone and it would work fine, for about a day and then freeze again. It got worse over time and only a few weeks ago i had it on charge, when i took it off charge, it froze but still charged (=/). On Friday just gone, i had it on charge, it was working fine, when i took it off charge it froze again and now the phone will not work at all. I took the battery out and put it back in again, turned the phone on and now it just repeats the intro screens. I've tried it every day since, and still nothing. I left it like that all day to see it would correct itself eventually. after a few hours i got annoyed with it and took the battery out and since then it's just been sitting there.

unfortunately theres nothing i can do now since i can't get past the intro screens to do a factory reset. Did anyone else have this problem??

Thanks

PS - i'm not a very technical person, all i know it that my phone usually updated by itself, when it was actually working...

have you tried the following:

- turn off your phone
- press [Vol+]+[Home]+[Power] until the Samsung logo appears
- release all the 3 buttons

... now you should get into your recovery software...

Greez

rafalamothe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, i have the same problem, my phone has no more than 6 months with me, and the first issue that i had was that the external sd card slowly died, until now it's unreadable in any device i try it, but well i though, ok just buy another one of better quality, but recently no more than a couple of months ago, this little sucker has been jamming so much that today the only way to use it again is to take out thw battery, i'd been checking all the features and found something really interesting, it's very intriging so i will just add the printscreen so you can check it out, maybe it has something to do with the jamming, by the way this screen was taken just after i cleared all my photo and video folders, hope someone have some comments about this, i didnt do anything to the phone, not routing not anything strange

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367935320586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367935320586.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 116

Krystal White

May 7, 2013
Visit site

have you tried the following:

- turn off your phone
- press [Vol+]+[Home]+[Power] until the Samsung logo appears
- release all the 3 buttons

... now you should get into your recovery software...

Greez

Hi ,thanks for that info, the phone is installed apps again after a factory re-set. thanks so much!!

Patrick Boustany

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My s3 starting hanging a week ago and now its happening every hour or so iv tried everything am thinking of going back to iphone cause no solution is working for me so if someone can help me cause its starting to **** me of having to restart it again and again my s3 in not rooted its still on stock btw

mollum

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! Love my s3 and wouldnt swap it for another phone ever. However, Ive had many minor problems and now i have a major one. Back in January ?I smashed my phone and its been fine for the past coupld of months but these past 2 weeks my phone has been freezing and when I was trying to text other applications would pop up and then all of a sudden my touchscreen has stopped working... It has its moments where 1 minute it works for 5 minutes and the next it doesnt. I took it into T-Mobile as I have a contract with this and because I smashed my phone months a go it is out of warranty so they cannot take a look. Any ideas what to do ?:(

Phantomlynx

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't what you guys make of this, but I was getting random lock-ups and reboots, maybe 3-5 a day. My S3 was 6 months old and on 4.1.2, running XXELLA. Vodafone replaced it yesterday, so I have a totally different phone, with te latest software and presumably technically perfect and it has locked or rebooted several times today. I have removed all apps I don't consider critical and have no frivolous ones one, just diary, to do, navigation that kind of thing.

Anyone got any helpful insights? I assume one of the apps is causing this...

Phantomlynx

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Talked to Vodafone (no real help, take it to a shop and they'll help you work out what app is the problem...don't think so!). Talked to Samsung repairer, they will just send it to Samsung. Talked directly to Samsung, very helpful, and told them it probably needs new motherboard. They will ship it to their agents and do what is necessary. Downside is I lose the phone for 2 wks.

Will report back once I find out what the results are.

Paul Theisinger

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
finally after following this forum it seems that the freeze problem is solved with my S3.

What I did was the *#0011# entry then set WiFi off
and I also deleted approx. 1GB on the internal SD
No wipe, factory reset, app deletion

Until now not a single freeze! Thanks for the help!!
I had countless freezes before, usually when I turned WiFi on or off. It's mentioned a few posts above that WhatsApp may cause the problems, however I do not use WhatsApp, I'm quite sure there is an issue with the WiFi module or software.
---------
Edit:
Forgot to mention that my S3 is on official FW, never messed with CFW because after a warranty problem with my S1 I'll better don't repeat that with the S3.

rtmj

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
the thing that worked for me to stop freezes - after trying most of the easier ones here - was deleting all the photos I had taken. Turned out there were hundreds and hundreds of them, that I had long since transferred elsewhere but never removed from the Samsung..

My Files / media/ then mark them for deletion and delete them.

Laila Bayakly

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's related to applications or sd card.Idon't use an sd card and i have the same problem.It's probably related to ram?TThe wifi issue is weird since my phone forgot the password to my routers...I installed mcafee and it found no malware..I. think it's just sudden death: go by a new phone..

So disappointing ...

tsobh

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My issue is fixed for good

uninstall whatsapp from google play
install it from whatsapp site

done

Sorry it happened again
This didn't work out
Must be hardware issue!

Last edited: