XO Skin Application Experience - White marks?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
After reading the reviews here, I bought an XO skin. I applied it today and it seemed pretty easy to do. However, it has what I would call some white "scuff marks" in a couple of places. They don't look like bubbles to me. Does this sound like something that fades away in a couple days?

(I could wait but I have all you guys to ask! :) )

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like something that'll dry up, but it could be something else. If you'll take a picture, I'll might be able to give you a more definite answer.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like something that'll dry up, but it could be something else. If you'll take a picture, I'll might be able to give you a more definite answer.

I'll get one up in 20 min or less and you can analyze!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure how to take a picture of it and I used my phone to do it. The issue is in the lower-right area. See if this helps...

screen pic

Thanks!

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure how to take a picture of it and I used my phone to do it. The issue is in the lower-right area. See if this helps...

screen pic

Thanks!
Okay, that didn't look like what I expected it to. Take this with a grain of salt because I've only installed Zaggs, but that almost looks like that area peel up, has something under it, or had the adhesive taken off.

Let it dry, though, XO may be a little different. If it doesn't dry, peel it up and order a warranty replacement if it bothers you. That's what I do with mine.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, that didn't look like what I expected it to. Take this with a grain of salt because I've only installed Zaggs, but that almost looks like that area peel up, has something under it, or had the adhesive taken off.

Let it dry, though, XO may be a little different. If it doesn't dry, peel it up and order a warranty replacement if it bothers you. That's what I do with mine.
Thanks for the reply. I will wait patiently. :) I appreciate the effort!

camgen

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After reading the reviews here, I bought an XO skin. I applied it today and it seemed pretty easy to do. However, it has what I would call some white "scuff marks" in a couple of places. They don't look like bubbles to me. Does this sound like something that fades away in a couple days?

(I could wait but I have all you guys to ask! :) )

I too bought the xo skin base on the review here. Been using my gtab with the skin for about a week now and it is awesome. When I applied the skin there were clouds all over, sort of white thingie that'll blur the screen, I even tried wiping the screen hoping it will come off. I was about to peel it off but then I re-read the instruction and at the bottom of the page in really small letters that it is normal to have cloud effect and that you have to let it dry for 24 hrs or so. The next morning it looked great as if I don't even have the skin. Very good investment and very happy with xo skin.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Follow up... the marks disappeared! I had not seen this type of scuff marking with other skins so I was worried. After 24 hours, about 95% of those scuff marks are gone. The rest will probably go away soon.

You can add me to the list of satisfied XO customers. Total front face protection, feels and looks good.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, you all have peeked my curiosity. I'll be ordering one to give it a try. I wasn't happy with the BodyGuardz skin after I applied it. I'll give this a shot and will report back ...

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, you all have peeked my curiosity. I'll be ordering one to give it a try. I wasn't happy with the BodyGuardz skin after I applied it. I'll give this a shot and will report back ...
My bodyguardz screen protector was foggy for a couple of days. Now it's perfect. I didn't lose any screen responsiveness either.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
My bodyguardz screen protector was foggy for a couple of days. Now it's perfect. I didn't lose any screen responsiveness either.

That wasn't fair of me to say. Let me rephrase; I screwed it up. I've used their products on many a device, and have fooled quite a few people using my phones and iPods because they didn't think they had a skin on them, but THIS time I wasn't paying attention and ruined the application AND the skin. What I like about BodyGuardz is that you can order a replacement rather easily, but I figured since everyone is so happy with the XO, that I may give them a shot.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone isn't experienced...

Make sure you THOROUGHLY wet both sides of the skin with the spray before you put it on. Also, wet the squeegee before you use it to push the bubbles out.

I like this idea I picked up here too - put painter's tape over the ports and buttons to help resist any of the liquid if you happen to overdo it.

Even though it says you can start using it in 2 hours, I would wait the 24 hours they recommend. Those last bubbles and white marks will disappear if you just leave it to dry.

I am very satisfied with this skin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87