Who's got the TouchWiz OTA?

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
60% downloaded so far on my wifi version.

edit: oops, didn't read the rest of the update message "..Please remove any shortcuts or widgets linking to the contacts or Pulse app from any home screen prior to updating device..."

so i waited for the download to complete, touched installed and it rebooted itself. nothing. hit update again and finally saw the rest of the story...one more time, folks.

edit 2: update failed. says to use kies. wtf. this is harder than it looks.

edit 3: just tried again OTA. waited for the reboot and saw that it got up to 13% install then stops and reboots with failed message and to use kies. looked at the FAQ and it says to not do the update while plugged into the wall or PC. so how the heck is kies going to help? i think maybe because i got cwm on it.

edit 4: yep, think because i rooted it, dang. downloaded the latest kies windows software and installed. after connecting to the tablet, the software said my version of the device cannot be updated. current firmware version: PDA:KF3 (XAB). dang. don't have time tonight to revert back to stock.

Last edited:

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and installing right now. 74% Complete. 32GB WiFi model. The lock was still unlocked after reboot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
50% 8min left. But after 2 days off the charger its got 8% battery left so I might have to play with it tm. :/

WiFi only 16gig

Last edited:

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Bestbuy June 8 tab. Got the update and it's really sweet. I love the swype and the browser delay that's now gone. Still exploring the other new features.

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it updated. Will take a while to get use to the new color scheme. My tab does seem a little quicker. The grey bar at the bottom is kinda messing with me though... I'll post more complete thoughts tomorrow.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just installed.

Took a while to download and install, but everything went smoothly. Early thoughts: I'm just as impressed with the new features as I am with what hasn't changed. I was weary about installing a manufacturer's UI over the Honeycomb OS installed on the tab, but I will admit that Samsung has managed to "improve" the UI without completely ruining it.

Getting late here, so I'm going to have to wait to really give it a test drive tomorrow...

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
How long should it take the tablet to reboot? Mine has not and it has been over 10 mins. After 20 mins I booted it up myself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress