Dropbox / Textmaker sync

sra97

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Using Textmaker which when installed, linked to my Dropbox acount. Dropbox is installed on my Galaxy. However when off-line, Textmaker can't access the Dropbox files.

I need to know how to put all of the Dropbox files on the Galaxy's memory so that I can edit and save whilst offline. Dropbox can update when I'm next on line again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I'm not really following...You should be able to download copies of your files when you are online, but once you cut the cell signal, nothing gets synced. Do you have a home WiFi?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
You can upload documents from Dropbox to Textmaker or most office apps and work on them offline, but I don't believe that the documents will automatically save to Dropbox once you are back online. You will have to do that manually.

Posted via Android Central App

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Using Textmaker which when installed, linked to my Dropbox acount. Dropbox is installed on my Galaxy. However when off-line, Textmaker can't access the Dropbox files.

I need to know how to put all of the Dropbox files on the Galaxy's memory so that I can edit and save whilst offline. Dropbox can update when I'm next on line again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Use Dropsync, save your documents to a folder, then set Dropsync to sync that folder to Dropbox.
That way you always have a copy on your phone or extsd card.
I've used this combination for a number of years, always have a copy on Dropbox, my Phone/tablet, online, and my Laptop.
Dropsync will sync your changes when you have a signal.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync&token=3ZQirWvX

sra97

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion Michael. I've looked at the comments and review of Dropsync and it seems exactly what I'm looking for. The Dropbox people appear to be working an Android version that in effect creates a desktop sync box on Android just like it sits in a PC but there is no news of forthcoming release. In the meantime Dropsync should do.

Use Dropsync, save your documents to a folder, then set Dropsync to sync that folder to Dropbox.
That way you always have a copy on your phone or extsd card.
I've used this combination for a number of years, always have a copy on Dropbox, my Phone/tablet, online, and my Laptop.
Dropsync will sync your changes when you have a signal.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync&token=nv8mzMvK

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion Michael. I've looked at the comments and review of Dropsync and it seems exactly what I'm looking for. The Dropbox people appear to be working an Android version that in effect creates a desktop sync box on Android just like it sits in a PC but there is no news of forthcoming release. In the meantime Dropsync should do.

If TextMaker lets you set up a default Document folder, then once you setup the syncing pairs for DropSync using that folder, you never have to deal with it again, Textmaker will automatically save and open from that folder and Dropsync will do all the syncing.
I don't use Textmaker on my Android devices (did on my old windows phone and PDA) .

Don't mean to sound like a Dropsync employee, or fanboy, but I've used it for a long time, and when I was working and it kept 2 Laptops, multiple Android phones, and tablets in sync with all my work documents always available no matter what I was using.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress