Capacitive Pen Support

anon(5612113)

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for a while and couldn't find an answer, so sorry if this has been answered and I didn't see it...

I realize there is no s-pen capabilities on the 8.4 but I was curious if it still had handwriting recognition and capacitive pen support for other styluses?

Posted via Android Central App

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It should defiantly support capacitive pens because a capacitive pen looks, err feels, just like a human finger. The device doesn't know the difference. As for handwriting support, I doubt it's built in but there a tons of app in Google Play that will convert your handwriting to text as you write.

anon(5612113)

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! So if I get this I could mock up a document easily and have it look how I actually write?

I'm thinking of upgrading my tablet in a few months (I have the first Surface RT now) and I really dislike how bad the handwriting is on the Surface RT.

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It is? I don't see that on mine...

On Samsung keyboard, push and hold 3rd key from left on bottom row. It may have microphone picture. When you hold it, it opens a new menu, select the one with letter T and a pen, that's your handwriting.

Last edited: