Software update details

spiderM69

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung Tab S 10.5. With initial setup, it downloaded a software update, which I haven't installed yet. It shows nothing about the details, or what's included in the update. I don't like installing updates I have no information about. How do I find out what's in the update?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's most likely a Samsung update (rather than an Android update), and these are usually related to security patches, or possibly an update to one of the preinstalled Samsung apps. I don't think it's easy to find changelogs for Samsung updates.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you differentiate Android system updates from Samsung updates by going to Settings>About Tablet>System Updates? I ask this out of curiosity. I would imagine that a non-system Samsung update wouldn't show up in the System Updates section.

spiderM69

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Can you differentiate Android system updates from Samsung updates by going to Settings>About Tablet>System Updates? I ask this out of curiosity. I would imagine that a non-system Samsung update wouldn't show up in the System Updates section.

All it gives are choices are update now or auto update. No info, which is all I'm looking for. Update is too small to be Lollipop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So in the Settings>About Tablet>System Updates menu, it only gives you an Update button, without any details about the update? It may be that the details don't show up until you tap Update, but I don't know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii