Samsung Pay on Verizon

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I read the update prepped the phone for Samsung Pay and Samsung will release the app on the play store. Or maybe Samsung pushes it since I got an update for the Samsung push service 2 days ago.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hoping that it's true, it would make sense. There have been a few updates the last few days. I know the CEO of Samsung Pay had said about a 3 weeks ago or so that it would be coming via Google Play.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read, the Verizon update may have enabled whatever needs to be unlocked to make Samsung Pay work, but the update did not include Samsung Pay. (It was to patch some vulnerabilities.) Sounds like Samsung now needs to make it available in Google Play (or maybe the Samsung app store?), but that hasn't happened yet.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read, the Verizon update may have enabled whatever needs to be unlocked to make Samsung Pay work, but the update did not include Samsung Pay. (It was to patch some vulnerabilities.) Sounds like Samsung now needs to make it available in Google Play (or maybe the Samsung app store?), but that hasn't happened yet.
Still no update for me. Where is the Samsung app store? I don't see it on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon release notes for the update specifically say this prepares the phone for Samsung Pay and that it will soon be available on the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon release notes for the update specifically say this prepares the phone for Samsung Pay and that it will soon be available on the Play Store.

That's what I like to hear. The release notes weren't available yesterday when the update was pushed. Thank you.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just had a funny thought: The way Verizon operates, I wonder if the Samsung Pay app will be crippled so it only works in the Verizon store or uses NFC or something.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you do the manual system update? The Samsung app store is under Galaxy Apps icon on my phone.
I read that the S6 and S6 edge are pushing now. I'm on the plus so I guess I have to wait a little longer.

Thanks, was looking for Samsung Apps never even noticed the Galaxy Apps icon. Haven't owned a Samsung in years.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm eager, but to recap:
Yesterday:
5:00 PM ET No Samsung Pay app available
5:30 PM No Samsung Pay app available
9:00 PM No Samsung Pay app available
11:00 PM No Samsung Pay app available

Today:
9:00 AM No Samsung Pay app available
10:00 AM No Samsung Pay app available
11:00 AM No Samsung Pay app available
12:00 PM No Samsung Pay app available
1:00 PM No Samsung Pay app available
2:00 PM No Samsung Pay app available
3:00 PM No Samsung Pay app available
3:55 PM No Samsung Pay app available

troutspinner

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Pay is available on the app store now. I installed it on my S6 Edge but when I run the app it needs to install a new security policy and the framework fails. There are a few reviews on the app store already citing the same issue.

I suppose the servers are just not 100% up and running yet.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Not showing up for me yet. Just checked Google Play and the Samsung app store. (I searched on "Samsung Pay." Did you find it some other way?)