Contest closed - 5 copies of The Android Developers Cookbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
We've got five copies of this great book, perfect for budding Android developers, to give away. Post in this thread before Midnight PST on Nov 4 and we'll pick the winners at random.

Good luck!

The random number generator hath spoken, and our winners are:

Post #206 TXBlade
Post #58 talbano1
Post #120 GRRemlin
Post #214 eyeknow
Post #423 Maven454

Winners -- check the email address you used to register for the site soon, I'll need some shipping info.

Thanks everyone, be ready for the next giveaway!

Last edited:

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I was, literally, just checking this out at a local Barnes & Noble. I may as well try to get it for free. Looked like a really nice book.

Just a question to someone that already has it: how n00b friendly is it? I've been looking for a way to get into developing for a while but, frankly, I've been overwhelmed.

Aspiring Developer

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had the SDK and eclipse loaded on my computer since the day I got my N1. I've also got SL4A and am beta in AppInventor. I've been working through tutorials like a madman. A copy of this book would be a great help to me.

IP IHI II IL

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I NEED that cookbook!! I've been wanting to get into developing recently, and couldn't find the resources I needed. I think THIS is what will help the most! I WILL have it, and I WILL create the app to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! (insert evil laugh here)

hyphenboy

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been writing shrinkwrap software for years; I'm getting my first Android phone this week, and of course I plan to start writing apps for it!

h8rift

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I would seriously put this book to work! I've got a pretty large programming background, but have not been able to find good literature to get me started on Android. I plan on working on ROMS, apk edits, and even kernel work once i get in. I am humbled by the opportunity to get a copy of this book.

Thanks!
-h8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa