Update PRL/Profile possible issue?

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? It just sits there and sits there... I had this problem with my other Epic as well. I think it's having trouble connecting to the network.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No I update mine all the time. Have you done a factory reset to see if maybe some install or configuration may have messed up your epics ability to update.

stercast

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my evo sometimes I think it has to do with the cell tower you are connected to bc I drive all over the US and sometimes it works and sometimes it don't what I noticed is the better my signal the faster it updates and if the signal is low it will just say it is updating but I let it sit there for more than an hour and it never changed

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
No I update mine all the time. Have you done a factory reset to see if maybe some install or configuration may have messed up your epics ability to update.

Yeah it's not that... I guess it's just my location, I don't get a good signal here. I'll do some more testing tomorrow and report back.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this more often than not on my Evo when trying to 'Update Profile'

What exactly is this setting updating, and does anyone have a reason for it getting stuck? I have to hit the back button when its stuck becasue the rest of the screen (aka the cancel button) goes non-responsive.

Jeff W

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
My first epic wouldn't update anything either, PRL, firmware, or profile, when I swapped it out I checked the new one and it worked fine in Best Buys parking lot, got it home and same deal, wouldn't update. I think it was just that I was getting such a good signal out in the burbs but not at home in the ghetto.

Edit: Also with mine I'd let it sit and eventually I'd get an error message, sometimes internal error and sometimes a network error.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this more often than not on my Evo when trying to 'Update Profile'

What exactly is this setting updating, and does anyone have a reason for it getting stuck? I have to hit the back button when its stuck becasue the rest of the screen (aka the cancel button) goes non-responsive.

It's updating your roaming list to available towers in your area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo