WHEN to do a factory reset - full or empty battery?

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Topic says all. I'm having weird battery life. dead after 5 hours of only sending 30 txt messages, visiting a few sites.

I've already read on the media hub and drm, but also want to do a factory reset on my phone. Question is, when do i do this? when the battery is full? empty? half dead? doesn't matter?

Thanks!
B

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it matters. Do it whenever, just make sure you have enough battery so the phone doesn't die on you during the reset or just plug it in.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem, but I've switched to the Evo. Before, the battery life did not seem very good at all. In fact, I think it is due that Super AMOLED uses so much power on the white color and that you simply cannot avoid the white color when web browsing. Your case seems to be different because it appears you really haven't used the phone too much. It does not matter when you do a factory reset, but just watch out if the battery is empty. You might end up bricking your phone (fixable, but not a pleasant feeling).

dumpringz

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
have it fully charged as the process does use a decent amount of power. or have it plugged in. also I get tremendous battery life but that its likely due to the fact I only use necessary apps which all happen to be stock. I don't even do anything extra to help in battery preservation. some, not all battery issues are caused by non stock apps.

Last edited: