WiFi Error on EC05; Fix without Root/Wipe?

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was experiencing the WiFi "Turning On... wait a few minutes... Error" issue on EB13 and was terribly hopeful it would be resolved with EC05. Unfortunately that is not the case and I'm still having this problem. Same symptoms as is described by countless others in problems/praise and bug threads, where Airplane Mode toggle helps from time to time but often a re-boot is required to get WiFi to connect. (This occurs on any number of wireless networks, so I do not believe this is a router issue)

While I've seen plenty of people reporting the issue in these threads, what I haven't seen are ways to fix it. Has anyone had success in resolving this issue? Any ideas that don't involve rooting or doing a factory reset (if anyone has even had success that way)?

I'm sure there are others like me who have been able to live with it thus far and just keep hoping we'll find an answer re-checking through existing threads, but I think it's time we get some final answers on what has and hasn't worked in fixing this. Thank you!