Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i played with the G-Note at the AT&T Store. they also had about 5 Reps from Samsung and a large "Be Noteworthy" display booth in the middle of the mall demoing the device. they were offering to draw your caricature on the device with the pen. the device has a beautiful display, fast, incredibly thin and light, well built. awesome device. surfing the web is a dream on it. unfortunately, the size is just too big for me personally. even coming from an EVO 4G and loving big phones. i'm not embarrassed by the size, nor do i think fitting it in my pockets would be a big deal. BUT constantly trying to grab and hold it and manipulate and move it in and out of pockets and from table and charging etc. would be too much because it is just too wide and too unwieldy - i could see myself constantly dropping it. i love the phone though Samsung did a great job and congrats and enjoy to everyone who got/will get one. i'm going to go with the G-Nex.

i wonder if the display size/aspect ratio might screw up some apps and widgets. for shiits and giggles i installed the Fancy Widgets 4x2 Clock/Weather Widget and it would not center on the display - it was pushed to the side. however i think once ICS is installed it will allow resizing. also - the Samsung Touchwiz Clock/Weather Widgets are beautiful as-is.

I'm with you on that brother, I'm gonna have to say the G'Nex it's going to be as big as I want to go with a phone...anything bigger might as well be a tab.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hesse needs to get his shiit together and release some LTE phones NOW. why on earth would someone buy a Sprint Android phone today? that would be the dumbest move because it would be antiquated with WIMAX before you walk out the door. only a fool would buy a WIMAX phone today. yes WIMAX is still operating but it is YESTERDAY'S technology. this is like buying a VCR player when DVD players are already out. COME ON HESSE!!!!!!!! RELEASE THE G-NEX!!!!!!!!!!!!! give people something to buy and us something to upgrade to!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was just in my Sprint store here at the mall. I was comparing my data speeds with the demo units because it's horribly slow as of late. Any way we got to talking about the Nexus of course and he told me they got the screen protectors in a few days ago. He also mentioned the lawsuits that Apple has against Samsung are causing talks of a possible delay until those get resolved. I ******* hate Apple!!!

Last edited:

pokerjv

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I was just in my Sprint store here at the mall. I was composting my data speeds with the demo units because it's horribly slow as of late. Any way we got to talking about the Nexus of course and he told me they got the screen protectors in a few days ago. He also mentioned the lawsuits that Apple has against Samsung are causing talks of a possible delay until those get resolved. I ******* hate Apple!!!

Are you in California? just wondering since Apple filed in Cali if it would affect any other state.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
>he told me they got the screen protectors in a few days ago.

this is a good sign!

>He also mentioned the lawsuits that Apple has against Samsung are causing talks of a possible delay until those get resolved.

i heard the same thing from a Sprint retail employee. i think this is just scuttlebutt and speculation among Sprint retail employees and doesn't mean anything. the G-Nex is already out and there's no way they can afford to delay the release through what could be a very lengthy and unknown legal process and because of dubious allegations at best.

Berserk

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I don't think the ongoing legal battles between Samsung and Apple would delay the release of the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. I could be wrong but I seriously hope not. I want this phone so freaking bad.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
2 Days?

1-9-12 Sprint G-Nex announced
2-24-12 Sprint G-Nex available "for sale" date announced?
3-9-12 Sprint G-Nex available for sale?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
A ShopAndroid/Best Buy Mobile Solutions link has Verizon's version of the SGN available as an online only, 2 day sale for $89.99 USD for new customers or upgrade.

https://wl-androidcentral.bbymsolut...laxyNexus&utm_campaign=SPE_AC_ITEMDISC_022212

This could portend an upcoming release announcement from Sprint. :D

Mav. :cool:

Wow, price just keeps on dropping and dropping. Pretty quick for a phone that was released, what, barely 2 months ago?

Makes you want to say......hmmmmmm

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, price just keeps on dropping and dropping. Pretty quick for a phone that was released, what, barely 2 months ago?

Makes you want to say......hmmmmmm

technology is like a bag of chips - it goes stale quickly and has an expiration date when it becomes obsolete. the life span of a new phone is only about 12 months. this is especially true for the Nexus phones. we are only about 8 months away from a new Nexus. hence - Sprint needs to stop sitting on the G-Nex and release it already. this is starting to get ridiculous.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i wish Hesse would get off his ass and start swinging. fight damn it! FIGHT!!!

i love Sprint's value and service but the current selection of phones is absolutely disgraceful. not to mention the Wimax/LTE obsolescence issue before you even walk out the door.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Cool post bro! How about turning off email notifications or how about you make your own thread. Not trying to be mean...just saying.

Somehow I knew someone would suggest turning off email notifications. Trouble is, I don't want to! For example, CaMelGuY1337's info about
a) how his store got the screen protectors a few days ago, and
b) how the release might be delayed by Apple being a b***h about Android
is relevant and interesting to me, as have been the last couple pages of posts

Turning off email notifications would stop the flow of info to me, which I don't like. Starting a new thread when this one is already well established would just be counterproductive. If people with something to say see two different threads, they're likely to only say it in one or the other, not both, effectively decreasing the size of the pool of information both for me and for others. Therefore, a new thread would help neither me nor others.

I repeat: I like the last couple pages of posts!

Side note: I'd prefer it if Sprint announced the release date soon, no matter when that date is. That would reduce this whole ordeal of rumors and guesswork to a simple countdown.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
2 Days?

1-9-12 Sprint G-Nex announced
2-24-12 Sprint G-Nex available "for sale" date announced?
3-9-12 Sprint G-Nex available for sale?

With the online special for Verizon's SGN being only 2 days (22nd, 23rd), a release announcement this Friday the 24th could indeed be correct.
Gekko will win the big prize for the correct guess.
Not sure what the prize is, but we will figure something out. :p

The next guess is how much will Sprint be asking for it.

Mav.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
here's a tip for those anxiously waiting for the Sprint G-Nex - go buy yourself a shiny new cheap TPU case for your old phone from ebay. it will freshen up your old phone a little bit and help you stretch out the time we have until the Sprint G-Nex is released.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
With the online special for Verizon's SGN being only 2 days (22nd, 23rd), a release announcement this Friday the 24th could indeed be correct.
Gekko will win the big prize for the correct guess.
Not sure what the prize is, but we will figure something out. :p

The next guess is how much will Sprint be asking for it.

Mav.

After talking with the Sprint people....they should be asking no more than $200 on a new 2 year plan. The E4GT is the only phone I've ever seen them ask more for at the time you sign on the dotted line.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Also....I'm gonna try and grab a picture of the screen protectors tomorrow. Hopefully the same guy is working. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non