Battery meter?

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to get a % battery life meter up on the main screen. Do I need an app? I have looked and searched a few other topics but have yet to find what I want. I thought someone said there was a stock setting that would allow you to show this. I like how it shows a % while it's charging on the lock screen, but I want a % next to the little green battery graphic on the home screens.
Thanks

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused when you say "home screen" ... are you talking about the status bar at the top or do you really mean home screen? Home screen is easy ... there's dozens of widgets in the Market that will display battery status as a percent ... I use one called Quick Battery. The status bar is a different story, and I'm not sure there's a way to modify that.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
As said above, there are a ton of battery widgets available that you can drop on a home screen. I used to use Circle Battery Widget which is nice and simple. In order to have the number up on the status bar at the top, you would need to root your phone and install a ROM, theme or battery mod that has edited the status bar battery image. I attached a quick shot of my home screen that shows the battery image mod on the ROM I'm running as an example.

But if you're not familiar with rooting or don't want to, a home screen widget is your only option.

tony868

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The Battery Left Widget adds the percent left in your notification bar without rooting. You don't need to add the widget to a home screen for it to work either. I've had it on my phone for a few days now and it's a nice app with some decent monitoring functions.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Meh I forgot about some of the widget apps that do that. My brain is usually shot by Friday which seems to be the case today. Just as a side note, the percentage will show on left side of your status bar like a notification when you use an app like the one mentioned by Tony. Does the trick though.

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm sorry I want it in the status bar like JayWIll and his rooted phone pic. I will experiment with Battery Left Widget. Thanks again.

kh4fun

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery Indicator is another choice. Places percentage in status bar without rooting and provides some other useful information.

kh4fun

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any battery drain due to Battery Indicator. My phone has been off the charger since 6:00am and is still at 85%. I have done a little internet surfing, online music for 20+ minutes, and several emails and text messages so far today in an area with so so coverage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11