S3 recent update Causes phone to malfuncion

jeffreyctan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I recently updated my s3 via OTA, then "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" keeps on showing up when I make or receive calls from numbers from certan contacts on my phone. It's very frustrating! It went back to normal when I went to the service center to have it fixed (they wiped my unit and re installed the new update). But i started to have that notification again this afternoon. Btw my phone is not rooted. Help please, thanks

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if the update.zip is floating around yet but try looking for the lf9 official zip download it and put it on the root of your sdcard, then reboot into recovery wipe your caches and maybe data( may or may not be necessary I'm unsure since your going from stock to stock) then flash the update zip. Lf9 in my experience is really stable I haven't had any issues with it and from what I hear the newest updates removes several pretty awesome features to please apple.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if the update.zip is floating around yet but try looking for the lf9 official zip download it and put it on the root of your sdcard, then reboot into recovery wipe your caches and maybe data( may or may not be necessary I'm unsure since your going from stock to stock) then flash the update zip. Lf9 in my experience is really stable I haven't had any issues with it and from what I hear the newest update removes several pretty awesome features to please apple.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is why I wait a little while for OTA updates.. They scare me :x lol

jeffreyctan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i know what but i don't know why!!! :) it's facebook contact sync that keeps my phone from malfunctioning! uninstalled it and my phone now works perfectly.... except for no contact pics