Turn off cellular network

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Headed to Mexico for a bit and would like to be able to use my SG3 via wifi. I know there is a toggle to turn off mobile data. Anyway to turn off the cellular network all together? With airplane mode, I cannot use wifi. (Unless there is an app that will allow me to connect via wifi while in airplane mode.)

TIA

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Headed to Mexico for a bit and would like to be able to use my SG3 via wifi. I know there is a toggle to turn off mobile data. Anyway to turn off the cellular network all together? With airplane mode, I cannot use wifi. (Unless there is an app that will allow me to connect via wifi while in airplane mode.)

TIA

It should let you. It toggles it off but you should be able to toggle it on. I just did and got here as well as did a snapshot :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350600051229.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350600051229.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 34

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

TIA

Actually my Wi-Fi is working fine in airplane mode. Turned on airplane mode and everything cut off. After everything was off, tapped on the Wi-Fi toggle and Wi-Fi was on. Everything else remained off. Here is a screen shot of my daughter's completely stock phone with Wi-Fi and airplane mode at the same time.

utabu6e8.jpg

Last edited:

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know. So I could not get wifi to turn on for the life of me while in airplane mode. Did a wipe of the device and it is working now. Strange.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know. So I could not get wifi to turn on for the life of me while in airplane mode. Did a wipe of the device and it is working now. Strange.

Not really too strange. Nobody's phone is setup exactly the same and there are so many different apps installed. Is there any wonder why issues vary greatly from person to person.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non