Just Bought an S3 - Two unrelated problems

whovous

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, I Black Friday'd an S3 to replace an HTC Evo 4G (not LTE) that was getting a bit long in the tooth. While there is much to like, there are two things so far that bug me.

The first one is really minor: The stock weather app never updates unless I click on it. It went roughly 24 hours before it dawned on me that the weather bore no relation to what the screen said. By contrast, the stock HTC weather app would update all the time. I don't really need to know much more than the outside temp and if it is going to rain soon. Is there a way to make the stock app work better?

The second problem is far more annoying. Ahh, never mind. I just figured out why three different browsers all refused to go into landscape mode.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I Black Friday'd an S3 to replace an HTC Evo 4G (not LTE) that was getting a bit long in the tooth. While there is much to like, there are two things so far that bug me.

The first one is really minor: The stock weather app never updates unless I click on it. It went roughly 24 hours before it dawned on me that the weather bore no relation to what the screen said. By contrast, the stock HTC weather app would update all the time. I don't really need to know much more than the outside temp and if it is going to rain soon. Is there a way to make the stock app work better?

The second problem is far more annoying. Ahh, never mind. I just figured out why three different browsers all refused to go into landscape mode.

I've tried a bunch of weather apps...but I kept coming back to weather bug. It's my favorite because of the way it keeps weather info in the notification bar and it seems to do the best job of updating itself...in my experience, that is.

alp1917

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you click on the weather icon it will take you to where you can set the refresh intervals yours is probably set to none hit the menu button and click on settings and you will see it

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95