[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

l1zart

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
2 finger touch works for me but the only buttons working are power and volume... not even the back button. If I enter a program I can?t get back to the homescreen :-(

l1zart

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
just a NS, not the 4g... I got a rom version from internet called ICS_sdk-port-dirty-ns_tmo_beta-1b.zip.
It works but the buttons don't.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
just a NS, not the 4g... I got a rom version from internet called ICS_sdk-port-dirty-ns_tmo_beta-1b.zip.
It works but the buttons don't.

Okay thats the issue is your is different,right now im focusing on the NS4G. Its nothing against the non 4G nexus just i don't have one and testing stuff now is super hard so i couldn't even dream of trying to trouble shoot the S version blindly. I have a few ideas of why you guys our having these issues,i plan to make extra files for S version users to flash over the rom to hopefully add the same functions 4G users have. Im not sure who is working on the port of this to the tmo but they are welcome to hit me up and ill try to help them sense they would have a phone to test or just hang in there and ill add the extra files for s users next update.

Reactions: justmerob

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok thx for the explanation :)

I'm always in for testing things out on my NS.
I added you on Google+

maybe the guy who fixed the rom for N1 knows what the issue is with the touchscreen.
dr1337md's Channel - YouTube

I got a lot of spare time so if you need me you can find me :)

Thanks, I know exactly what guy your talking about ;) i've have already sent him off a email and got a reply but am still waiting on more info from him. If other people that are trying to port this rom to another phone ill gladly speak with them and try to help get this going my whole hopes in getting this up was so everyone could play around with ICS cause we all love new roms for our phones and for everyone to help each other get this running as smooth as possible. I started doing this all based on a joke and got this far so i know with enough time and effort things should get a lot better.
I'll make sure to remember you for testing.:D

Reactions: justmerob

mntbkr

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank for putting this together, I got it to boot but that's about it. The 2 finger thing got me, I tried for 10 min to type something but I could not get through it. What I did see looks very promising, and I really like the burnt orange look.

l1zart

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
haha well it still is a good show-off :p
but if the touch would work proper then it would be much more fun to show it to others :D

I have to wait 6 weeks before I get my Galaxy Nexus :s But it's coming!

xJRECHx

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have 70 days before my Sprint upgrade. From the looks of what we have already I'm guessing we are gonna have a pretty well working ICS rom. But for now I will be hitting refresh every 5 minutes for b2.

l1zart

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
well I think you can take a rest then because as far as I heard the dev is not working on it right now.
Maybe tomorrow or monday...

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok beezy, question for you. I'm thinking the SDK thinks it's using a mouse..
* Touch acceleration - Better accuracy for computer mice
* Two finger click - Mouses hover then click so it makes sense
* when turned in landscape mode the X and Y axis are messed up - Makes sense because of the layout of the mouse when the emulator is in landscape mode.
So i'm thinking, is it easy to take stuff from gingerbread or honeycomb SDK (touch screen stuff) and port that to the ICS SDK?
AFAIK this is the first time Google used these things in the SDK

Good job with the project so far though,

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok beezy, question for you. I'm thinking the SDK thinks it's using a mouse..
* Touch acceleration - Better accuracy for computer mice
* Two finger click - Mouses hover then click so it makes sense
* when turned in landscape mode the X and Y axis are messed up - Makes sense because of the layout of the mouse when the emulator is in landscape mode.
So i'm thinking, is it easy to take stuff from gingerbread or honeycomb SDK (touch screen stuff) and port that to the ICS SDK?
AFAIK this is the first time Google used these things in the SDK

Good job with the project so far though,

Exactly what I was thinking,it thinks it's still running in the emulator. I don't think using the older version will help to much cause there is major changes compared to GB or HC. I'm just about to head home from my sisters wedding and plan to do a little work before I go to bed. I will keep your idea in mind tho. It be nice to just have system dump from a galaxy nexus then this thing would really progress.

Reactions: quincyb2

tolgapaksoy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Exactly what I was thinking,it thinks it's still running in the emulator. I don't think using the older version will help to much cause there is major changes compared to GB or HC. I'm just about to head home from my sisters wedding and plan to do a little work before I go to bed. I will keep your idea in mind tho. It be nice to just have system dump from a galaxy nexus then this thing would really progress.

Just here to check in to see if you already knew the Ice Cream Sandwich system dump is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa