[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Attentions Themers/Devs...

Just throwing this out there since we seem to have many devs running around in this thread which is good.

Has anyone successfully de compiled the SystemUI.apk yet? I've tried using APK Manager 4.7,4.9 and the newest 5.0.2 for Windows. It gets a few seconds into the de compile and errors out.

I have been able to de compile and re compile the framework-res.apk but that is it.

Any help or suggestions post them here or PM me.

Thanks.

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I am in class, and all of you posting like wildfire are distracting me.

Thanks to beezy(and the crew) for putting in all this work. Cool stuff.

Last edited:

Charles Dolly

OMFG!!!!!!
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
How can i get the ICS wallpapers? Can APKs be installed?
Alright, so if you are talking about the Live wallpapers, they are not in the SDK so no one has access to them yet. Your probably going to need to wait until we need a full system dump from a Galaxy Nexus or until we see the the source code released. If your talking about the regular image wallpaper then here is a link. :)
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ice-cream-sandwich-wallpapers.jpg

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
This might've been asked b4, but coming from beta 2, should I wipe data? Or cache+dalvik is enough?

Should only need to wipe cache/dalvik. If you run into issues then wiping data will be the way to go. I always start clean as to avoid issues.

Reactions: MrNago

MrNago

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Should only need to wipe cache/dalvik. If you run into issues then wiping data will be the way to go. I always start clean as to avoid issues.

Thanks!
On another topic, please put ads somewhere or something! edit: Like on your website...
I wanna donate (and I shouldn't be alone) but I need my scarce student money!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
is he posting updates right on the OP?

That's what he has been doing so far.

All updates will be posted to the OP,I don't post on other sites AndroidCentral is my playground.

Thanks!
On another topic, please put ads somewhere or something (edit: your website...)!
I wanna donate (and I shouldn't be alone) but I need my scarce student money!

Have you downloaded and ran the rom,gave feed back,and helped people around the forum?!? Then guess what you are donating. I don't expect money for doing any of this its nice but not expected at all. As long as you do your part and help out the community by answering questions and help trouble shoot find bugs then I'm happy and grateful.:p

Formula84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I received a pm back from beezy. here is my response. let me know what you guys would think if i was able to whip this up over the course of a couple days (i work full time so its hard to find time)

"thank you very much for the reply. i completely understand how famous you are to us nexus'ers and that your time is spent a lot on this thread and marching towards a complete release. I will also do what i can in efforts to backport the wifi drivers using logcatting and possible upcoming galaxy nexus sources. bln should be a somewhat easy task and i should be able to pull the config from a stock rooted rom. OC will definitely be included as well as some major governor adjustments to save some battery and improve ramping up/down time. also if you would implement it i would also plan on a slight RAM and display undervolt to ensure the extra processes created by errors in the rom are matched with battery saving techniques iva acquired over the last few years with android development. and if you dont mind would it be ok to fix up a lot of the pngs and also make some boot img adjustments towards healthy ram usage and proper ext usage with init.d scripts to promote zipalign and possibly compcache support. voodoo tends to be a lot of work typically so i dont beleive that will be there on first release :\"

beezy is the !

Would be great to see your work for this! I know the Epic4g stuff you put out was quality!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Must be the same one link then huh? I didn't see anything noted about "Alpha 1 dl" or Alpha 2 dl".

Still same link i've only posted two roms so far the first which had touch issues then the current one. There should be a little update probably later tonight just to address sum small issues.
There are plans to change the main set up of the first post so when it looks really different you'll know for sure it's posted.

justmerob

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you downloaded and ran the rom,gave feed back,and helped people around the forum?!? Then guess what you are donating. I don't expect money for doing any of this its nice but not expected at all. As long as you do your part and help out the community by answering questions and help trouble shoot find bugs then I'm happy and grateful.:p

Right there guys/gals.... This is what open source is all about!!

Beezy & crew.... Have I told you how awesome you all are lately??? =)

Reactions: beezy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez