how to use aosp factory image and binary

xmusketeer

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I apologize in advance for the n00b question. I've tried doing some research and learned a few things so I was hoping someone could tie this together for me.

My question is: how do I flash the factory image from aosp and do I need to flash the separate binary for wimax/wifi?

I'm fine using my CM9, but I was wondering if jellybean dropped on aosp for ns4g if I'd be able to just flash the factory image when they posted it? would my wimax and wifi still work or is that what the other binary download is for? or is that only for developers building roms?

I'm sure I'd have to flash the factory image, but can anyone provide steps on how exactly to do that and what order to flash the images?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The factory image can be flashed from within your bootloader using Fastboot from the Android SDK.

The binaries are simply for the developers building from AOSP source.

The Fastboot code you would enter is as follows...

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot reboot
Now take note, the filenames "bootloader.img, boot.img, etc." may differ from what Google provides in the Factory image package. They can be renamed to simplify the process.

Mostlikely when Google, then Sprint decides to let Jelly Bean loose it will be in OTA form and then the Factory Images at a later date.

xmusketeer

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
The factory image can be flashed from within your bootloader using Fastboot from the Android SDK.

The binaries are simply for the developers building from AOSP source.

The Fastboot code you would enter is as follows...

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot reboot
Now take note, the filenames "bootloader.img, boot.img, etc." may differ from what Google provides in the Factory image package. They can be renamed to simplify the process.

Mostlikely when Google, then Sprint decides to let Jelly Bean loose it will be in OTA form and then the Factory Images at a later date.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2