[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official Rumor] July 11th, now July 25th Update

Hopefully. I would like to see Sprint get their hands on them. Make some better competition. Hopefully do good things for us.

Too bad the technology is incompatible. I doubt sprint wants to run a CDMA, WIMAX, LTE GSM, and HSPA+ network.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Too bad the technology is incompatible. I doubt sprint wants to run a CDMA, WIMAX, LTE GSM, and HSPA+ network.

Let me rephrase what was written before. Here's how I see it:

Sprint buys T-Mobile. Sprint collects revenue from itself and T-mobile. Sprint starts replacing T-Mobile GSM and HSPA equipment with LTE equipment. As LTE is backwards compatible current users will have no affect. Sprint also adds LTE to their equipment sites where there "T-MObile" LTE sites are none existent or close enough. Obsolete towers are sold to smaller non contract companies looking to improve service. Once all GSM and HSPA is replaced with LTE sprint rebrands and now has one larger Sprint Network running LTE. In the future CDMA and WiMax can be removed when no more devices are running. (Yes that will take time to remove those devices but it will eventually happen).

I'm sure for the most part it will be easier to remove WiMax since it's a small number of devices and areas; and, I know most people would switch to an LTE device from their WiMax device when coverage becomes available.

Last edited:

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

.... i p/u the att nexus in a few hours. i'll post the version, and guess they might update all carriers in the same time window.

android 2.3.4
build gtj61 (on att)

bestbuy rep said phone is most likely unlocked since no att splash screen.

anyhow, thanks to ALL of you for your various inputs and ESPECIALLY pointing out to google and sprint that the phone needs a few refinements!

i'm an nexus s att'r now, and that is what works for me in my particular world and location.

ttfn

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
android 2.3.4
build gtj61 (on att)

bestbuy rep said phone is most likely unlocked since no att splash screen.

anyhow, thanks to ALL of you for your various inputs and ESPECIALLY pointing out to google and sprint that the phone needs a few refinements!

i'm an nexus s att'r now, and that is what works for me in my particular world and location.

ttfn

Nexus is a Nexus. They should be on all carriers IMHO. (for the most part they are now). Choices.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

....the added cost of all the different radios makes it not cost effective. That's just my opinion.

it's the other way around: ZERO development cost, just change out the radio module, and allow for a sim card.

almost as cheap as a fox reality show: just add new faces, keep formula, have a new show.. lol...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
it's the other way around: ZERO development cost, just change out the radio module, and allow for a sim card.

almost as cheap as a fox reality show: just add new faces, keep formula, have a new show.. lol...

Excellent. Good work. Or in other words. the iPhone series. lol

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I sure hope this comes out tonight, mine has been horrible. Even on my Airvana I have been seeing 1-2bar dropouts.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Seriously. Maybe you wanna get that checked out. I don't go any lower than 3. Where.my airave is on the complete opposite side of the house.
Normally I get full bars but after a major storm went through and my power went out every 2 I got random dropouts. I just reset my Airvana, router about noon. Its been fine since.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site

WAHHH AHHAAWAHH...

[ahem]There's no update! The end is near. Repent.

Seriously thoe. Being that this is the first update i've seen on sprint/android. When does this stuff usally drop? With the pre it was early morning to late evening.

Sahmbo1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Seriously thoe. Being that this is the first update i've seen on sprint/android. When does this stuff usally drop? With the pre it was early morning to late evening.

So, what you're saying is anytime throughout the entire day :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38