[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 7

Signal bars remain the same after our OTA. Speed is maybe slightly faster. In fact my phone won't connect to wifi in our home in an area where it used to. Bumed...

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.3.5 ? wha??

I just got an update for 2.3.5 what is that all about.
What did this update even do for my phone anyone know leave comments thank you.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 2.3.5 ? wha??

You can read about it here.
Why did this get moved?? this was talking about the update that happened like 2 weeks ago I got on my phone. I got this update last night not july 25th. That was a Sprint Update not a Android Update I actually work for Sprint and I remember seeing that in the Playbook.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Why did this get moved?? this was talking about the update that happened like 2 weeks ago I got on my phone. I got this update last night not july 25th. That was a Sprint Update not a Android Update I actually work for Sprint and I remember seeing that in the Playbook.

Ok, you are making no sense at all man. I have no idea what you are talking about or looking for here.

If you are a Sprint employee why are you asking us about what you saw on the company playbook?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MasterShultz

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Update also improves speakerphone quality? Didn't notice.
Wast the update going change something with NFC?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

To the people who live in the chicagoland area I received a little bit of news from a buddy who works for sprint and their tech division. I had no clue this was going on until he told me.See the information below. Explains why my data speeds and coverage have been so up and down.

"A large portion of the Chicago area, including your zips, are being affected by capacity issues.They are working on increasing services and abilities to handle more volume by upgrading existing and adding new towers This is a very large over-haul and unfortunately will take some time to complete As of today, we estimate noticable relief by 10/28."

I just wish Sprint would have told us in Chicagoland about this. I would have been understanding and fine with it. Just let us know.

Last edited:
Reactions: skidmark

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

...I just wish Sprint would have told us in Chicagoland about this. I would have been understanding and fine with it. Just let us know.

I wish Sprint would open their corporate mouth and keep customers on the loop about these issues which obviously are also affecting other markets such as mine.

After going through weeks of good speed, low speed, no speed 3G here, and multiple calls to Sprint about this, I finally got this same info from a technician, after several doses of usual customer service "there are no reported issues in your area, we can refresh your signal and you have to do a factory reset" crap.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Testing 4g for first time now. Working good. Staying connected unlike before. Did a Cnet speed test twice. First was like 4100 mbps. Other one was 5700mbps.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Ive disconnected twice while moving in a car. How long is it supposed to take to reconnect. Because it doesn't like to. And as soon as I try it connects. The entire area is covered in wimax for miles around.

Wimax suck. Lol.

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Just keep watching the phone while your driving, soon your connection won't matter

Crap my 4g dropped damn WIMax, s*%t TRUCK (insert big bang followed but the sound of tinkling glass and cooling metal)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just keep watching the phone while your driving, soon your connection won't matter

Crap my 4g dropped damn WIMax, s*%t TRUCK (insert big bang followed but the sound of tinkling glass and cooling metal)

I wasn't the one driving. I'm done with WiMax. Garbage. Cheap trick. Gimmick like a 3d evo. I would rather have sprints version of HSPA+. At leas that was a good trick.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm not defending WiMax, but I don't think it's known for holding on to a signal while moving.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not defending WiMax, but I don't think it's known for holding on to a signal while moving.

I'm probably making it up to be what it's not in my mind. (A cell network like 3g.) But, maybe it shouldn't be marketed like that if it's not. I'd say it preforms just a LITTLE better than public hotspots. As you don't necessarily need to be in small locations near businesses.

I still don't like it either way, lol. Or maybe I'm being harsh. Because it's available in the one spot around here I can't find Optimum WiFi, lol.