Micro HMDI port problems

compcarp#AC

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else tried hooking the photon up to a TV with the micro HDMI port? I've tried two different cables (both from Monoprice.com) and they are so loose in the port that the connection cuts on and off way too easily.

It can't be used like I've seen in YouTube videos where you can play a game moving the phone around and watching in on a big screen tv. In fact, to get it to work (say to watch a movie) I have to be VERY careful setting it down or I loose connection.

I haven't 'jiggled' it around too much, it was loose the first time I used it. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think it's just the two cables I have or the phone?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like its the cable, I know buying from monoprice is a cheaper way to go but go to radioshack and get a HTC micro HDMI cable. It's $30 but very good and solid. I have one for my EVO 4g and also use it with my brothers Droid x 2 for playing games and watch movies on his HDTV. Nether one of us has had a problem with the cable from radioshack.

KnukLHeaD

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Its not the cable. Its most likely the phone. Mine does the same thing. I have 2 differant cables and have tested each one in other devices so I know most deffinetly the phone.

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have the same problem. I too bought from monoprice and it seems to cut in and out. There is no way I could play a game that requires motion controls or really any sorta controls on the phone itself. I can get it to stay and work but it is very delicate.

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah, add me to the list of monoprice's cables don't have a good fit. just take a tiny piece of paper and wedge it in next to the cable and it fixes it. It seems that monoprice's cables are smaller, the black rubbery plastic part that surrounds the connector, that leaves wiggle room that disconnects when moved.

edit: never mind, it's the metal piece

Last edited:

chrisgrasty

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from Radio Shack and I use it almost every day at work. I will put on Netflix while I do my office work. I have not had any problems at all, and I pick up my phone to change the show every 45 minutes or so. It sounds like the problem is monoprice cables. The old saying is true, "You get what you pay for."

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Other than connecting the cables, does anything else need to be done in order to project the phone's image onto a TV?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa