S pen detection issues.

miss aloha

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my note I had the icon show up a in the top left hand corner whenever I pulled out my s pen.
I also saw the s pen warning ( starting that you are moving to far away from your s pen) only 2 times but both times I was using the pen so how can it be to far away?

I checked my settings and the pen detection and warning are both on, but now the Icon never shows up and my S pen warning NEVER works. And I NEED. It to work bc I am always losing stuff.

Any suggestions? Should I ask Att to exchange it for another unit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Jrockttu

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a custom launcher like Apex or Nova launcher? That disables it for me. The pen notification is the suggested apps that show in your notification drawer as part of Page Buddy. Using a custom launcher disables Page Buddy.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my note I had the icon show up a in the top left hand corner whenever I pulled out my s pen.
I also saw the s pen warning ( starting that you are moving to far away from your s pen) only 2 times but both times I was using the pen so how can it be to far away?

I checked my settings and the pen detection and warning are both on, but now the Icon never shows up and my S pen warning NEVER works. And I NEED. It to work bc I am always losing stuff.

Any suggestions? Should I ask Att to exchange it for another unit?

My s pen works very well,but the only thing is when i walk off with the s pen out my warning doesn't go off most of the time.

miss aloha

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Must be nova launcher but I had it installed for over a week and only today the notifications stopped?

And so does that mean I can't get the S pen warnings when I walk away from my pen?

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, first make sure Setting -> S Pen -> S Pen Keeper is checked. Here is the tricky part, the S Pen Keeper really doesn't detect how far away you are from the S Pen. All it does is that if your Note II screen is off, and you don't have the S Pen in the slot, and you have taken enough steps, it will give you the warning.

If you want to test it, just take out the S Pen, turn off the screen. and start walking in place. For me, it took about 15 steps and warning will show.

miss aloha

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, first make sure Setting -> S Pen -> S Pen Keeper is checked. Here is the tricky part, the S Pen Keeper really doesn't detect how far away you are from the S Pen. All it does is that if your Note II screen is off, and you don't have the S Pen in the slot, and you have taken enough steps, it will give you the warning.

If you want to test it, just take out the S Pen, turn off the screen. and start walking in place. For me, it took about 15 steps and warning will show.

Wow it actually worked at about 15 steps just like you! Thanks a bunch. :)

Abhi_defines

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings > Display > Page buddy (tap to enable and then tap again to enter Page buddy settings) > S Pen page = checked. If not then you won't see the Pen notification in the upper left corner of your alert bar and won't see your Page buddy appear when you remove your S Pen.

dr mohammad Sabri

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
hi
your phone will detect ur s pen again ,just do the following
settting.....display........page buddy <press on it not just make it on>........make sure that u mark <s pen page>

Tom Roy

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The screen HAS TO BE OFF. Mine just will not work when the screen is on. The beep is quite assertive if your volume is set high, but it's an useless feature if you walk away with the screen on.

BabyBrwneyez

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that if my pen has been removed that my notification takes about 5 minutes to go off. I once forgot i didnt have my pen with the phone. My notification didnt go off until 5 minutes later. Had i not been home i would not have noticed because of the delayed response time.

Sent from my Android powered Samsung Galaxy Note II

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It works by sensing you walking with the phone in your pocket.
Mine works fine. You can try it by pulling the s pen and then shake the phone once every other second. Don'tshake to hard/fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using AC Forums mobile app

kengross

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
For me, turning off the screen and walking in place for a while showed the alert. Walking 20 feet away did not show the alert nor did walking 100 feed away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez