Who's Stoked on This Upcoming Sunday? (October 2nd)

exarkun

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well if the Nexus Prime release resembles the Galaxy S2 release in any way, shape or form it will be announced next month and then released sometime next August.

The galaxy s2 was not announced in the USA and released 7 months later. It was announced in Spain and released in the USA 7 months later.

The nexus prime is being announced in California.

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting up and just going to an AT&T store. Play with it for a good 30min and then decide. Still a little nervous about switching, but we get 30 days. Thought about going to sprint to play theirs but I'd feel bad about wasting their time.
heads up, if you buy it from ATT their policy is 14 days. unless your State gives you 30 days

Reactions: mpazevedo

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
heads up, if you buy it from ATT their policy is 14 days. unless your State gives you 30 days

Really??? According to the website it's 30 days????

If the equipment you purchased directly from AT&T does not meet your expectations, you may return or, for all equipment other than equipment sold as a "Closeout Item," exchange it at any AT&T owned retail store within 30 days from the date the equipment was purchased or shipped.

Thomasdoc

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Fellow sufferers and friends, has anybody seen an official AT&T pre-order option? Believe it or not, but I am still weary that this thing is coming out this Sunday (after 7 months of false alarms). Shouldn't there be by now some option to pre-order this thing on the AT&T websites?
cheers.

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Fellow sufferers and friends, has anybody seen an official AT&T pre-order option?
Nope, I haven't, and this worries me as well. Even Wirefly had the Sprint Epic 4G Touch pre-order up as well... Even though it was tweeted by AT&T that it'd come out October 2nd, the official Galaxy S II page on the AT&T website still lists a "Coming Soon". Stores I've called around have no idea if they're getting it on the 2nd either.

Regardless, I'll be one of the first in line on Sunday at either AT&T or Best Buy to see if the phone is there. Here's to hoping...

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I haven't, and this worries me as well. Even Wirefly had the Sprint Epic 4G Touch pre-order up as well... Even though it was tweeted by AT&T that it'd come out October 2nd, the official Galaxy S II page on the AT&T website still lists a "Coming Soon". Stores I've called around have no idea if they're getting it on the 2nd either.

Regardless, I'll be one of the first in line on Sunday at either AT&T or Best Buy to see if the phone is there. Here's to hoping...

With the number of news sites that have done reviews in the past week, and the fact that I'm pretty sure we have had confirmations by AT&T employees that they have already received stock of the phones I still fully expect it to come out this weekend.

mhopii

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

The return policy is 30 days w/ a $35 restocking fee

Fellow sufferers and friends, has anybody seen an official AT&T pre-order option? Believe it or not, but I am still weary that this thing is coming out this Sunday (after 7 months of false alarms). Shouldn't there be by now some option to pre-order this thing on the AT&T websites?
cheers.

We don't do preorders for every phone. We usually only do preorders for the iPhone. I can assure you it will be launched on Sunday. The phones are in stock now (I've got mine :p). We just can't sell them until Sunday

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

We don't do preorders for every phone. We usually only do preorders for the iPhone. I can assure you it will be launched on Sunday. The phones are in stock now (I've got mine :p). We just can't sell them until Sunday

Do you know what the non contract price is? $449? (If you work at AT&T)

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
@SteveISU, the non-contract price should be around $549.99-$649.99

I went to Costco today and asked them if they will have the Samsung Galaxy S II AT&T, all he said was "sometime in October".
I went to AT&T and the person I asked said he can hold one for me up to 1 hour after store opening time but he told me that he don't think they got a lot in stock... So I'm guessing they already received it but not much?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I am not an employee, but mhop is right. MY local store says they have some in stock already. Couple weeks ago they said they get the new phones in on Fridays. I'm thinking they may get more stock in before Sunday as well. The Best Buy says they do not have it in yet and its a fairly large store.

I prefer to get at the ATT store anyway

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
@SteveISU, the non-contract price should be around $549.99-$649.99

I went to Costco today and asked them if they will have the Samsung Galaxy S II AT&T, all he said was "sometime in October".
I went to AT&T and the person I asked said he can hold one for me up to 1 hour after store opening time but he told me that he don't think they got a lot in stock... So I'm guessing they already received it but not much?

It's gonna be an expensive weekend. lol

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
For sure but it will be completely worth it to get rid of this Iphone 3g.

I have the 4, so I'll end up putting that on ebay and make some of it up. Unless apple blows me away on the 4th, I'll be an android user for awhile.

Wanted to pick up a new handgun on Sat, good thing my wife doesn't know how much those cost. lol

mhopii

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you know what the non contract price is? $449? (If you work at AT&T)

My manager said he thinks it is $650 but he didnt sound too sure. I havent seen any info on it either. That sounds about right though since the early upgrade price is 450. I highly doubt it will be any higher than 650 tho. Sorry cant help with this one.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My manager said he thinks it is $650 but he didnt sound too sure. I havent seen any info on it either. That sounds about right though since the early upgrade price is 450. I highly doubt it will be any higher than 650 tho. Sorry cant help with this one.

Well that sucks. After tax and activation we're talking +$700 dollars. ugh

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the 4, so I'll end up putting that on ebay and make some of it up. Unless apple blows me away on the 4th, I'll be an android user for awhile.

Wanted to pick up a new handgun on Sat, good thing my wife doesn't know how much those cost. lol

Off topic of the GS2 but what kind are you planning on picking up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty