Who's Stoked on This Upcoming Sunday? (October 2nd)

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
ive signed up for email updates and have received not one email. they dont even have a date up yet. for such a flagship device, this is poor advertising. its like they dont want this phone to sell.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah i know. pathetic. i mean the only reason why we know its coming out is because of twitter/facebook and samsungs website. NOTHING from at&t. its quite frustrating knowing that a great phone is coming to their network (possibly the best yet) yet it seems like they are almost hiding it..

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Basically if you don't read Android sites and/or follow AT&T or Samsung on twitter, you knew nothing about this phone.

I doubted for a while that it would really come out on Sunday, but Samsung and AT&T are pushing the 2nd so hard on twitter. Plus we've gotten conformation on here and (at least for me) from local AT&T stores about receiving shipments.

Just glad its pretty much 3 days away :)

Sent from my iGarbage using Tapatalk

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah i know. pathetic. i mean the only reason why we know its coming out is because of twitter/facebook and samsungs website. NOTHING from at&t. its quite frustrating knowing that a great phone is coming to their network (possibly the best yet) yet it seems like they are almost hiding it..
what do you mean? ATT has been tweeting about for almost a week now.

https://twitter.com/#!/ATT/status/119497113171279872

this is from today. well, yesterday... the 29th

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
How else would you like att to advertise it? Lol

Word spreads faster on the internet than any else...

How about changing their websites S2 page to say "Oct 2" instead of "coming soon"?

Or sending us that signed up for emails updates?

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
How about changing their websites S2 page to say "Oct 2" instead of "coming soon"?

exactly. commercials, their website (did not one person see the LG Thrill being advertised a full week in advance on AT&T. I still remember seeing "Coming Sept. 4" on their site), emails, anything. Your average person isnt going to be searching twitter and facebook for release dates. think of iphone release dates, theyre all over. AT&T is not exclusive to iPhones anymore, so they need to start making big deals about other phones as well, especially Android since it is the up-and-coming operating system.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
They did have the commercials. Seen it once on tv and again on youtube. From what I heard the Infuse page changed the day before or on launch. I'm not surprised. I am surprised on how a 3GS can sell for so much used let alone a 4. If I sold mine I could get the SGSII for free. It's crazy with these iPhones. I'm telling you right now that iPhone 4s or 5 will not beat the SGSII in the horsepower department. It's going to be an A5 clocked at 1gz maybe 1.5, 8mp clicker and finally 1gb of ram. The software is going the route of Android with its notification bar and Wifi sync. The folks will go gaga over it and it will sell millions. So there get what you like and have fun with it. But that thing is not going to be cutting edge. Not anymore. They had their time. It's over. Again the stats I posted are my best guess, it's an educated one, but a guess non the less.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
They did have the commercials. Seen it once on tv and again on youtube. From what I heard the Infuse page changed the day before or on launch. I'm not surprised. I am surprised on how a 3GS can sell for so much used let alone a 4. If I sold mine I could get the SGSII for free. It's crazy with these iPhones. I'm telling you right now that iPhone 4s or 5 will not beat the SGSII in the horsepower department. It's going to be an A5 clocked at 1gz maybe 1.5, 8mp clicker and finally 1gb of ram. The software is going the route of Android with its notification bar and Wifi sync. The folks will go gaga over it and it will sell millions. So there get what you like and have fun with it. But that thing is not going to be cutting edge. Not anymore. They had their time. It's over. Again the stats I posted are my best guess, it's an educated one, but a guess non the less.

I'll be the first person to admit... Apple makes some pretty gorgeous looking products. I just recently sold my iMac, iPad, iPod touch and soon to be iPhone 4. My problem with Apple is I HATE being told what's best for me. Steve Jobs openly said he thought these 4"+ screens were massive. To who exactly? I'm 6'3 buddy, 3.5" is too small for me. iOS is beautifully smooth, but it's looked the same for over 4 years now.

Again, Apple has built a culture with their stuff and I respect the hell out of it. But for the amount of money they make you'd think they'd be ahead of the curve when it comes to giving their customers top of the line hardware on top of their killer software.

Same went for my iMac. I spent almost two and a half thousand dollars for that computer. Was is beyond gorgeous? Yes! Was it obsolete in 6 months? You betcha. And with their integrated GPU's there wasn't a chance in hell to upgrade.

I'm totally derailed here but I guess it boils down to why I'm so excited to have this GS II: I'm ready for change, I get bored easily. This phone is beautiful and were all going to enjoy the hell out of it. :)

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Its Friday!

(I tried to post the youtube vid for "Friday" by Rebecca Black but apparently these here interwebs are more advanced than I, I failed)

Only 2 more days! (or 1 depending on how you count :) )

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm just glad to get this work week out of the way. Now that the weekend is upon us. Just counting the hours now. If you guys haven't noticed, Gameloft is having a sale on 4 of their games this weekend for 0.99. Go to their website for the special, the market place will not have it there. Also, check out the Samsung site for Device and USB drivers placed last night.

Samsung

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm just glad to get this work week out of the way. Now that the weekend is upon us. Just counting the hours now. If you guys haven't noticed, Gameloft is having a sale on 4 of their games this weekend for 0.99. Go to their website for the special, the market place will not have it there. Also, check out the Samsung site for Device and USB drivers placed last night.

Samsung

Which games?

aom336

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Very stoked. So stoked, in fact, I went to the local Best Buy to see if I could pre-order one, and all three mobile reps said, "We don't know anything about that phone." When I asked them to check their software, all three reported "October 12," and, "We can't take pre-orders." 1st Fail :)

Then, while buying some home supplies at Target, I stopped by the mobile department to see if they might know something. First guy says, "Um, which phone?" Second guy says, "October 14." 2nd Fail

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Very stoked. So stoked, in fact, I went to the local Best Buy to see if I could pre-order one, and all three mobile reps said, "We don't know anything about that phone." When I asked them to check their software, all three reported "October 12," and, "We can't take pre-orders." 1st Fail :)

Then, while buying some home supplies at Target, I stopped by the mobile department to see if they might know something. First guy says, "Um, which phone?" Second guy says, "October 14." 2nd Fail
I noticed October 12th on my Best Buy pre-order receipt as well. I think the best bet is to call the stores on Saturday afternoon to see who actually has some. I have many AT&T stores that are under a 30 minute drive (as well as two Best Buys) from me so I will just go to whichever one can confirm they have some.

mhopii

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I def agree with sending the emails. I do think its weird that the haven't sent them yet +1 for you. But you are proving my point that the internet spreads the word faster than a commercial

exactly. commercials, their website (did not one person see the LG Thrill being advertised a full week in advance on AT&T. I still remember seeing "Coming Sept. 4" on their site), emails, anything. Your average person isnt going to be searching twitter and facebook for release dates. think of iphone release dates, theyre all over. AT&T is not exclusive to iPhones anymore, so they need to start making big deals about other phones as well, especially Android since it is the up-and-coming operating system.

1) i've seen the commercials at least 5 times in the last week.

2) You too are proving the fact that the internet is more efficient than commercials. You havent seen the commercials that have been playing but you see all of the ads on the internet. People don't have to search twitter. when companies announce stuff on twitter/facebook it doesnt just stay there. It goes to other internet sites that you clearly read lol

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

It's still sad to see the ignorance of some phone reps. I went to 2 Best Buys last weekend, none of them knew about it or would not take pre-orders. Then talking my daughter to the mall I see this Best Buy mobile store. I didn't know there were such a thing. All they sell in there are cell phones and tablets. Anyways, I asked them about it and they said, sure we know about it and would you like to pre-order. And thought it about 10 seconds then said yes. That was my experience. You should have told them that they will have them this Sunday and watch their reaction. Then show up and say I told you so. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07