AT&T warranty policy

afobisme

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
so i bought this phone 2nd hand.. and the micro usb port is defective. could i take it into the store and have it replaced with a refurbished phone (without receipt) or is my only option to contact samsung? it's still under warranty - manufacture date was 10/31/2012.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Warranty is based on when purchased not manufactured. You would need proof of purchase since you did not buy it from your provider as I don't think the warranty is transferable.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Warranty is only for the original purchaser officially. Though, you can try to contact att or Samsung, they may still fix it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
so i bought this phone 2nd hand.. and the micro usb port is defective. could i take it into the store and have it replaced with a refurbished phone (without receipt) or is my only option to contact samsung? it's still under warranty - manufacture date was 10/31/2012.

That should still be under Samsungs warranty if you want to check on them. Although if you do you'd be without a phone for about two weeks. That's the only disadvantage over manufacturer warranties.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You can try taking it to ATT. I've never had issues taking my third party bought devices to ATT to get replaced. As long as you have att insurance on your plan it honor without requesting proof of purchase. As a last resort you can ship it to samsung or pay a local ship to repair it for you.

- Phillip

afobisme

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
yeah, samsung will definitely fix it.. i used to have a galaxy s2 that crapped out on me. they didn't even ask for a receipt.

i guess i'll just have to wait 2 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty