Can ATT tell if S-OFF?

Alec23

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Inspire kept on disconnecting and connecting to the HSPA network when rooted so I removed the root. I want to take my phone back to the store but will they be able to tell I left S-OFF?

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My HTC Inspire kept on disconnecting and connecting to the HSPA network when rooted so I removed the root. I want to take my phone back to the store but will they be able to tell I left S-OFF?

Short answer - no. When you return devices, they only check the imei to see if it matches the box. At the most, they'll turn the device on, which of course isn't revealing of s-off. The only way to tell is to boot into bootloader, which wouldn't happen in an AT&T store. The only hiccup you'd experience is if you were trying to get the device serviced by HTC, whom I'd presume would check that and be able to tell. Otherwise, you'll be fine.

I think :).

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Amyway, the voiding warrenty part actually doesn't apply any more. I know a lot of people returning rooted phones for warrenty check and passes. But just for precautions I would infiltrate the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non