Nexus S 2.3.1 is LIVE (link and instructions inside)

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have to manually update. I noticed a notification about the update earlier this evening and hit the install button and away it went. Whole process only took what seemed like less than 10 minutes (I was ordering coffee at Starbucks). Not sure about the wifi issue. I ran a SpeedTest cycle resulting in a more favorable download speed (4213 kbps as opposed to 2247 kbps). The Upload didn't change from the previous test.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have to manually update. I noticed a notification about the update earlier this evening and hit the install button and away it went. Whole process only took what seemed like less than 10 minutes (I was ordering coffee at Starbucks). Not sure about the wifi issue. I ran a SpeedTest cycle resulting in a more favorable download speed (4213 kbps as opposed to 2247 kbps). The Upload didn't change from the previous test.

Hmmm, who knows... maybe this was just something Google forgot to add? I haven't had the launcher crash on me, not once, since the update. I also noticed the launcher is a tad bit faster... or am I just making things up in my head?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
You know what would really make up for that? Reporting anything you notice different >.> I know you have spent much more time with it than I have, or maybe anyone here.

Have to be honest -- I'm not seeing a damn bit of difference. And that's a good thing.

Pre OTA I had a custom fstab to change the mount command of /data a tiny bit, and it seemed to fix the launcher stutter I saw from time to time.

I've removed it, and am testing it as is and haven't see it yet.

One other thing to test are live wallpapers, probably the microbes one -- it's looks like it's been optimized.

I have to say -- I'm keeping things mostly stock for the purposes of a fair review. I can't wait till I'm able to hack the heck out of this thing. It's easily the fastest, and smoothest Android device I've ever used, and I bet it can be made to walk on water with very few modifications. Who needs a damned SD card :)

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Have to be honest -- I'm not seeing a damn bit of difference. And that's a good thing.

Pre OTA I had a custom fstab to change the mount command of /data a tiny bit, and it seemed to fix the launcher stutter I saw from time to time.

I've removed it, and am testing it as is and haven't see it yet.

One other thing to test are live wallpapers, probably the microbes one -- it's looks like it's been optimized.

I have to say -- I'm keeping things mostly stock for the purposes of a fair review. I can't wait till I'm able to hack the heck out of this thing. It's easily the fastest, and smoothest Android device I've ever used, and I bet it can be made to walk on water with very few modifications. Who needs a damned SD card :)
Cool, would you say the internal memory make apps cache and load much faster?
EDIT: I have noticed that the locking of the screen is more natural, meaning whenever I place my finger before I lock the screen, it doesn't activate the device, it used to before this update, I am sure there is a whole slew of glitches and bugs fixed, however, I noticed this one most.

Sent from my Nexus S

myunitisz

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Just exchanged my phone at bestbuy and update came in right away

when i try to update from the sd card in recovery it says installation aborted? i have it named update.zip but it still messes up can someone help me with that?

Last edited:

sausalito#AC

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Just exchanged my phone at bestbuy and update came in right away

when i try to update from the sd card in recovery it says installation aborted? i have it named update.zip but it still messes up can someone help me with that?

I'm having the exact same issue. Tried the "checkin" method, tried doing a manual update but it keeps aborting the installation after it says it is trying to verify the signature of the file. Odd part: seems like there are two versions of the file when I try and select them in recovery mode. One is the normal file, the other is the same name wi-th a '._' before it.

Anyone have any idea how to get around this?