3g flyer or view?

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to get either a 3g 32gb flyer or the view. Do both have messaging on the us versions or just the view? Do you need a monthly contract and a new assigned phone number for the messaging or can you assign an existing number to the messaging app? Will the app send sms over wifi or must it need an active cell connection?This would be a huge bonus for a friend of mine.

Any other major differences between the 2 and is one more rootable or have better roms than the other?

I dont care about wimax and I'd be buying either device used/reconditioned and off contract.

jalaazul

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get either a 3g 32gb flyer or the view. Do both have messaging on the us versions or just the view? ( AFAIK, both have messaging) Do you need a monthly contract (No) and a new assigned phone number for the messaging or can you assign an existing number to the messaging app? (I would think you have to have a new number)Will the app send sms over wifi or must it need an active cell connection? (Will send messages via Wi-Fi) This would be a huge bonus for a friend of mine.

Any other major differences between the 2 and is one more rootable or have better roms than the other? (I believe it's about the same process as far as rooting, but you have to pay attention and make sure that what you use to root (software) is specifically for your device- Flyer or View- or you could brick your device. There are more ROM's for the Flyer)

I dont care about wimax and I'd be buying either device used/reconditioned and off contract.

I tried to answer your q's. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm incorrect on anything.

I have a View that I use on Wi-Fi. It's rooted, but stock with minor tweaks. Awesome device. I can make and receive calls. It just does what I need it to do with no problems. Good luck with your device and enjoy!

Sent from my Evolved View via Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The Flyer isn't 3G. It's WiFi only. the View does both 3G and WiFi, but if you're using Sprint, it requires a contract. The Flyer works for me as I'm always on WiFi. You can use Google Voice for messaging on the flyer or the view. Neither has a real phone, so pure SMS is out on both. There are aftermarket apps that work over wifi or 3g though.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick