4.0.4 OTA update for Galaxy Nexus

lordhannibal

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the GSM Galaxy Nexus (bought international version about 2 months ago) and I haven't received the 4.0.4 update that has been out for over a month. Is this is typical? My previous phone was the Nexus One and I don't remember waiting this long for an update. When I got the Galaxy Nexus, it did update to 4.0.2 so it does receive OTA updates.
I'm not actually "hungry" for the update -- which is why I haven't flashed the update manually -- but I'm just curious about what would cause it to take so long.

If it helps at all, here's my phone info:
T-Mobile Network
Baseband: 19250XXKK6

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
got my GNex (unlocked, from google play) on 4/26 and had 4.0.4 on it, but also had the notificaiton for update 4.0.4... accepted it. been good ever since. no issues.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the GSM Galaxy Nexus (bought international version about 2 months ago) and I haven't received the 4.0.4 update that has been out for over a month. Is this is typical? My previous phone was the Nexus One and I don't remember waiting this long for an update. When I got the Galaxy Nexus, it did update to 4.0.2 so it does receive OTA updates.
I'm not actually "hungry" for the update -- which is why I haven't flashed the update manually -- but I'm just curious about what would cause it to take so long.

Well, it depends if you have a "yakju" or "yakju**" model. If you have a yakju model, you probably should have gotten the 4.0.4 update earlier, but since the issue with signal drops was discovered, it's be halted (although most ppl got it by now). If that's the case, you'll be getting the big update + the small patch fix.

If you have a yakju** model, the update hasn't been pushed yet. The only one I'm aware of is yakjuzs, which is starting to get it.

got my GNex (unlocked, from google play) on 4/26 and had 4.0.4 on it, but also had the notificaiton for update 4.0.4... accepted it. been good ever since. no issues.

That's because you have a "takju" (same as yakju) model. The small 4.0.4 update you got was to "fix" the signal drop issues people experienced on the initial 4.0.4 update.

lordhannibal

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Martonikaj. Sounds like I have the yakju*** version.
Just so that I am sure, how do I tell if I have yakju or yakju*** handset? I can't find that.

Thanks again.

lordhannibal

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to update and provide info:I finally got this update this weekend.
Also, I found that I have the Yakjuxw build. An easy way to find out your build is to go to the Maps app --> Settings --> About, it will tell you. Awesome.
Now, with 4.1 looming I have to find a way to get away from the yakjuxw firmware, which apparently Samsung instead of Google updates (which would explain why I only NOW have the 4.04 update).

Thanks again for the help.... I may be posting on a different thread with 4.1 update questions :-D