Android 10 widgets on a Moto E7i Power question.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

As a Smartphone rookie, I have just bought a Moto e7i Power for my wife and am trying to set it up.

It has Android 10 installed; long press on the screen and all that appears is Home Setting and Wallpapers, no Widgets.

I want to add a home screen short-cut to my mobile number, and I think that can be done via a widget, but only if there is the widget app available.

How can I get this to work?

Thanks

OllieCox

Dec 14, 2021
Visit site
I also lost the Clock widget by mistake but got this useful reply from Motorola Support:

"[If you have] accidentally removed the Moto Clock widget and/or Google Go search bar you can add them again by clearing data on the Quickstep app. However, note that this will reset the launcher back to the factory default settings so you will need to re-add any custom app shortcuts you have added to the home screen again.
You can clear data on the Quickstep app as follows:
Select Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all <xx> apps > Quickstep > Storage & cache > Clear Storage > OK"

And it worked fine!

I've found both the Nova and Lean launchers easy to use as well.

ItsLummy

May 20, 2022
Visit site
I also lost the Clock widget by mistake but got this useful reply from Motorola Support:

"[If you have] accidentally removed the Moto Clock widget and/or Google Go search bar you can add them again by clearing data on the Quickstep app. However, note that this will reset the launcher back to the factory default settings so you will need to re-add any custom app shortcuts you have added to the home screen again.
You can clear data on the Quickstep app as follows:
Select Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all <xx> apps > Quickstep > Storage & cache > Clear Storage > OK"

And it worked fine!

I've found both the Nova and Lean launchers easy to use as well.

Literally just made this account just so I can say thank you so much for posting this. I had also accidently removed my Moto Clock last night and was searching everywhere on how to get it back, really glad the solution was fairly simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia