Another problem today with the Galaxy S8

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For about half an hour I was unable to get out of the aod screen the home button did not work or respond at all and neither did the fingerprint sensor. I did try to power down that did not work either. 30 minutes later I try it again with the force restart the power and volume down button finally worked. ever since then it had been okay for the remainder of today but I think I'm going to do a factory reset

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
For about half an hour I was unable to get out of the aod screen the home button did not work or respond at all and neither did the fingerprint sensor. I did try to power down that did not work either. 30 minutes later I try it again with the force restart the power and volume down button finally worked. ever since then it had been okay for the remainder of today but I think I'm going to do a factory reset
A friend has had this happen several times a day everyday with his. I think he just exchanged it a couple days ago.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, after all the updates my phone had unusually high Android system and os and it was killing my battery.

Factory reset and order is restored.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not making the decision until the Announcement day where it's live and direct from Samsung officials. I wasn't interested in the S series and with the Announcement even it seemed too narrow, etc. But I went into Best Buy and got my hands on both the S8 and +...big, big help there. Compared to my 7edge and V20 at the time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I did factory reset the 8+ last night and so far it's been better. Did have one short lag right after reset but fine since. Trying to hold out with it since even if I want to return it I have to take into a store and I so prefer the online shipping etc

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was on the fence until I saw the specs. Now I will stay with the s8 plus. They really didn't add anything worth the money this time. I love the note line but not this year.

The 6 GB of ram is what I like. I don't use my cameras on the phones much so don't care about that. If it's 1 grand I might just go buy the Tab S3 then to get the Spen when that goes on sale again. Even if it is a grand, on sale the Note will still be at least $800 and I just bought an $850 phone already.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You are starting to imagine issues so you can convince yourself to upgrade to Note 8 😂

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You are starting to imagine issues so you can convince yourself to upgrade to Note 8
It really did freeze up there for almost half an hour. No issues since the factory reset. And yea I'll probably get the Note 8 not too long after launch

Adrian1560

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, after all the updates my phone had unusually high Android system and os and it was killing my battery.

Factory reset and order is restored.

Can you tell me how high was, mine lately been getting 15% on OS & Android System, between 23 hours battery, was getting about 10% with around the same hours.

matther22xdroid

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not making the decision until the Announcement day where it's live and direct from Samsung officials. I wasn't interested in the S series and with the Announcement even it seemed too narrow, etc. But I went into Best Buy and got my hands on both the S8 and +...big, big help there. Compared to my 7edge and V20 at the time.

I had a V20. What a boring phone compared to the Galaxy line! I'll never leave it again.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I had a similar issue to this with my S8 yesterday. The home button was acting very strange and I was getting weird haptic feedback whenever I'd touch the screen anywhere near the home button. It was also delayed whenever I would press it from the AOD screen. I restarted the phone and it has been fine since. I'll keep an eye on it. Last thing I want to do is a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod