Are you kidding me!?!?!?

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey the Pre was also 2 years ago now. Nearly an eternity in mobile terms. Back then it had the latest and greatest TI OMAP processor, and it beat the iphone at the time. Unfortunately like 6 months later WebOS could've used a refresh, and as has been stated, a year later and the Pre needed a hardware refresh, neither of which came. That was perfectly right around launch of the Evo, and with it's potential for 4G which I'm enjoying now, it was really a no-brainer to switch stay on Sprint and get a new handset.

Personally I think the HP acquisition was the final nail. HP has quality and business model issues, and I don't think they have the corporate culture or talent anymore to be able to compete with the likes of Google, or any of the handset makers who have all now set the bar so high, that even Apple is having a hard time innovating. It's an interesting time in mobile, similar to how it was with PC's 15 years ago, but far more visible and accessible now.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the EVOlution as most put it.
I have had the phone since July and it is the best device i have ever had. I forsee i will be sticking with it for quite some time.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is very nice on this site. It is great to have a nice bunch of people who are respectful and kind to new people. I come from BB and crackberry and sometimes they aren't so nice there either. But there is always goiing to be a "rotten apple" somewhere.

rdmpe

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I came from a pre too and am amazed by the EVO. Only thing I miss from the pre is the swipe gestures to switch between loaded apps / exit app.

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife has my old Pre and she is jealous that she can't get the apps that I have on my Evo. I miss Web os but I don't miss the freezing, lag and lack of apps.