Back to iPhone 4s

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
One thing is for sure, with iphone you have the assurance that everything will work right off the bat. Let me say this first... I love android and love my SGS3 but.... It is very frustrating the fact that native apps like S-Voice sucks sooooo much.... I would understand if it would have been a third party app.. but no thi sis a NATIVE APP... is no NOWHERE... again NOWHERE near Siri. Of course.... rooting it and installing a custom ROM like CM10 once is ready... may resolve this. But I understand the author of this thread. Now once thing is for sure I grew up tired of the same UI in the Iphone.... and the same desing. But again..... reliability = Iphone HANDS down... Now let the games begin.. I know there will be some fire after this post.... ready, set go.... Lol!!!!

Reactions: htabbach

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This post is so ignorant I don't know where to begin, but I will give it my best shot. Vanilla Android on it's own is a spectacular OS. However the OEM's skin it so badly and remove certain key features that in some ways the experience almost becomes quite dreadful.

Having the genius bar for the iPhone, or any Apple product for that matter makes owning an Apple product that much more pleasurable especially when you need it. It's so easy to disregard this fact when owning a device that doesn't offer these same benefits. I dread the day my S3 needs physical repairs, and I have to send it back to Samsung when I know I could have gotten it replaced for free had it been an iPhone.

Some people need a phone that just works out of the box without having to mod or "tweak" their phone to get it to perform simple tasks. Not everyone needs a special keyboard that can't even get basic text prediction correct, or a separate e-mail client just to manage several accounts. Or even worse, a phone that requires the user to disable half the functionality of the phone just to get it to last most of the day.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot I love about my S3, and I have no regrets making the switch. However it irks me a bit when I ready unfounded ignorance such as what was posted above. Sorry for the rant but it had to be said.

What about Apple's latest ads depicting Apple device owners as incompetent boobs who need a "Genius" to figure out how to get their devices to work? Now quite how you portray the Apple Geniuses. Android phones out sell Apple with out a Genius to tell Android users how to wipe their.........
screens.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
One thing is for sure, with iphone you have the assurance that everything will work right off the bat. Let me say this first... I love android and love my SGS3 but.... It is very frustrating the fact that native apps like S-Voice sucks sooooo much.... I would understand if it would have been a third party app.. but no thi sis a NATIVE APP... is no NOWHERE... again NOWHERE near Siri. Of course.... rooting it and installing a custom ROM like CM10 once is ready... may resolve this. But I understand the author of this thread. Now once thing is for sure I grew up tired of the same UI in the Iphone.... and the same desing. But again..... reliability = Iphone HANDS down... Now let the games begin.. I know there will be some fire after this post.... ready, set go.... Lol!!!!

Eh. Complaining about S-Voice is like complaining about AT&T Navigator. It is in fact a third party app: it's from Samsung, not Google.

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Eh. Complaining about S-Voice is like complaining about AT&T Navigator. It is in fact a third party app: it's from Samsung, not Google.
Agree with you on that. Still though... it is quite frustrating to use it... I just went ahead and disabled it. But... lol I downloaded Vlingo in its place and when I launch the In Car mode.... It crashes... LOL..... I dont know what it is....but last time I used Vlingo.... it worked perfect.

Da New Champ

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I came from iPhone to this phone last week, couldnt be happier! Away from damn iTunes and closed source apple.. Android is freaking awesome, the only thing that kept me on my iPhone so long was jailbreaking, and almost all the apps i got from jailbreaking on ready to download in google play out of the box. GF Apple.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I think iOS is a better OS overall

Now dem's fightin words!

I actually think Android with 4.1 has pretty much caught up with iOS and surpassed it in some ways. I think the file system silos in iOS is a huge drawback and to have Apple extend that to iCloud-synced Mac OS apps is patently absurd.

And the app silos are pretty ridiculous as well. I hate how iOS apps sometimes implement their own browser so if you click a link in the Facebook app, it opens in Facebook. Whereas the eBay app doesn't but instead forces you to quit the app and switch to Safari. It actually gets pretty confusing to remember how each app will react when you click on a link.

Android's sharing mechanism called intents builds on one of Mac OS X's underutilized features, the Services menu and is very powerful...and completely missing on iOS.

And let's not get started on the no external storage on iOS!

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
My sIII drops wifi a lot. Same problem for me. I'll be at my house and my laptop is showing full wifi signal, but my phone drops. Should I exchange it?

If you have updated your firmware on your phone to the latest version from AT&T and still have wifi issues and are inside 30 days i would return it ASAP and see if a new one works better. I have never had any wifi issue with mine.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Because I still love Android although I think iOS is a better OS overall, not everyone is a troll!

iOS is definitely a nice OS and definitely a worthy contender. I had an iPhone 3G for 2 years and the main reason I switched was simply due to the maddening experience of typing on it and it's autocorrect. So, I went with a Droid 2 (physical keyboard). That was great until 1 1/2 years later the physical keyboard started double/triple pressing keys and I couldn't take it anymore. Went to the S3 and with Swiftkey 3 the typing is a dream, blows the iPhone's keyboard out of the water.

I'm not looking to argue points but I do feel the need to say a few to address your opinion:

With Android I can use third party keyboards
With Android I can have different signatures on each email account - something that in 5 years Apple hasn't added
With Android I can create shortcuts to documents and pictures on my homescreens
With Android I can have Widgets on my homescreens
With Android I can email any file type I want, not just pictures
With my phone I can add storage and with Android simply connect my phone like a USB hard drive and transfer files easily - no need to use iTunes
With Android I can view Flash content online - listen to embedded audio/video players on websites as well as interact with their interfaces
With Android I can download .pdf's or other web documents and content to my local memory or SD card so that I don't have to visit the webpage each time (and wait for it to reload even though you'd think it should be cached)

There is so much more I can go on with but I only wanted to make a simple point. It really comes down to what one does with their phone, but if you say that you've never once been annoyed or affected by the lack of these features, plus the many more, you simply aren't telling the truth.

Rev.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Agreed... Have used 3 different android manufacturers and 5 different phones and don't think I would go back to IOS... Gave it 3 days on an Iphone 4s before I felt screen too small and customizations too limited, but my iPad is so smooth so I see what you are talking about.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
IOS better be flawless its been on 5 generations of phones ans is still the same. Some little tweaks here and there but that's about it. A boring os that would run slow that would just be an embarrassment. Apple has a lot on their plate. Ios 6 is a make it or break scenario in my opinion. U will never see me with an iPhone. IPhones will end up being grandmas and grandpa's phone...oh wait no that's impossible screen is too small for the hard of seeing. They're screwed. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
What about Apple's latest ads depicting Apple device owners as incompetent boobs who need a "Genius" to figure out how to get their devices to work? Now quite how you portray the Apple Geniuses. Android phones out sell Apple with out a Genius to tell Android users how to wipe their.........
screens.

Honestly I'd like to pretend those commercials don't exist, and if Steve Jobs was still here, he'd have everyone responsible canned in a heartbeat. Those commercials are the worst thing Apple has done since the hockey puck mouse, complete rubbish!

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Well its nice that we have so many genuises here. Fact is I am an adult and my identity is not determined by my cell phone. Some of you are really obsessed by this. Fact: I am not a troll. I have been using cell phones before a hamburger flipper could afford one. I have used every OS and have fogotten more technology then some of you will ever know. I was installing computer systems since 1981!! I see the positives and negatives in every system. I was not attacking android, an OS I have greatly enjoyed. The S3 has definite antenna problems.

I enjoy the integration that is iOS, and at my age I have no need to prove anything to anyone! I may pick up another android, I will get a BB 10 when it comes out. Since I buy my own phones I usually have several, although right now I only have the 4S.

Leo likes the Galaxy so I tried it. Didn't like it. I appreciate all the mature posts, the rest of you go sneak a beer and go to bed!:D

Reactions: quicksilver53

mail4diop

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Did u change the channel on the router that seems to me what the problem was. Not all devices like the default channel or there could have been another signal causing interference on that channel. That's the first thing I would do for dropping wifi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I can also appreciate the integration that Apple offers like you do, but since I mainly use Google services anyways, an Android device worked out for me. I haven't had RF problems with mine though, maybe you got a defective one? Always next years! Android phones are extremely competitive now in my opinion, and its nice to have the scaling price points in terms of device choices without forgoing too much in my mind.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
He can't spell either. It is all about personal preferences. Some like the ecosystems that package everything for them and being told what they like or need. On the other hand, there are some that like great devices but enjoy enhancing them to run according to their needs. Some like expandable storage or the ability to add a custom keyboard like SwiftKey.

As far as age is concerned, I am in my late forties and still enjoy getting the latest devices like the GS3 and doing my research on upcoming devices to see which one fits my needs. My parents and MIL who are in their late seventies might be intimidated less by the iPhone as are much younger people. Some people don't want to stretch outside their comfort zone regardless of their age.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just sounded like u were putting everything about the phone down, generally when u run into multiple issues on a new phone out the box and a factory reset doesn't fix it up take it in for an exchange -even iPhone- no pun intended just sounded like a troll. Hope it all works out for u. Don't go back!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

First of all I'm not the OP. I would never consider the iPhone or anything Apple. I have an ipad for my daughter and an imac from before I came to my senses but other than that I'll never throw a penny Apple's way.

However I do understand and appreciate the fact that we all like different things. I think all of my Android devices are far superior to anything Apple can throw out. But who am I to force that opinion on someone. This is an open forum for both negative and positive dialogue about Android devices. Comments like the few I've seen from you and a few others sound as bad if not worse than some of the isheep posts I see in other forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well its nice that we have so many genuises here. Fact is I am an adult and my identity is not determined by my cell phone. Some of you are really obsessed by this. Fact: I am not a troll. I have been using cell phones before a hamburger flipper could afford one. I have used every OS and have fogotten more technology then some of you will ever know. I was installing computer systems since 1981!! I see the positives and negatives in every system. I was not attacking android, an OS I have greatly enjoyed. The S3 has definite antenna problems.

I enjoy the integration that is iOS, and at my age I have no need to prove anything to anyone! I may pick up another android, I will get a BB 10 when it comes out. Since I buy my own phones I usually have several, although right now I only have the 4S.

Leo likes the Galaxy so I tried it. Didn't like it. I appreciate all the mature posts, the rest of you go sneak a beer and go to bed!:D

You come here to inform everyone that you don't like your Android phone because it has issues no one else seems to have. And then, for some inexplicable reason, you feel the need to tell everyone how superior Apple is to Android. What did you expect, a boat load of praise from everyone for pointing out the alleged inferiority of their phone? You are a troll in every sense of the word and you know it. You didn't ask for advice, you didn't have anything to say that would help other users, you just wanted to tout Apple. If at your age you have nothing to prove to anyone why the lengthy, self righteous defense of your experience and motives? You have been hoisted on your own petard.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@ALL

Just so its known some comments were removed to cleanup from a previous insult being made.

We have zero tolerance when it comes personal insults that go beyond being playful. We welcome people of all age (above 13 yrs old), race & skill level here at AC and don't expect to have members told they are too old or other crude comments.

Don't forget many of these "older" members are in fact those who paved the way to bring us to where we are today :)

Back to the discussion.. Have a good day.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SonamBajwa