Battery charging on its own

Nikolasp97

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello , so i have an s7 edge and i havent used it for about 6 months because it needed a new lcd. So when i took it to change it i asked to change the battery too. Its been 2 weeks now and the battery is charging by itself while its NOT plugged in ( the thunder on the battery icon is not there BUT the percentage is going up by itself) ITS not just this but the battery also does not drain ( instead of draining its charging) but listen this, on any percentage the battery does not go down but up ( normally its draining but the battery is not showing it) and when the battery runs out it just turns off.. so i see now 100% while it is maybe like 5% and in some time it just turns off without me knowing how much the actual percentage is.... please please help its been 2 weeks now i have tried everything from cleaning the port to letting it 2 days off but nothing fixed my problem...thanks

EndrieHelps

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
backup and do a hard reset, try to recalibrate the battery too by fully charging it and (try lol) to let it drain to 0. otherwise i would advice to get a new battery