BestBuy: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

crpeters82

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea... but what I don't understand is this has happened on several launches... best buy is $150 cheaper for a reason..LOL

I am still holding out for a sale or BOGO, as my daughter wants the Note 8 as well. I have a few months left on the S8 plus 50% upgrade plan, or pay $150 and that gets me to the 50% for an upgrade which I am willing to do.

Has anyone looked on Verizon to confirm the Note 8 is eligible for the pay 50% and upgrade program?

I can confirm that it Is eligible for 50 percent trade in

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Got it too. But BB just called to setup appointment. Said I just got an email saying it was ready and they said it was a mistake that it's still tomorrow. Sigh

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I received an email also...went to the BB store...the phone was there, BUT, they would not release it until tomorrow. Call your store before heading there.

Thejoey12

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
i got my email this morning aswell. i went into the store that i preordered it in and was told i still had to wait until tomorrow. i got home and called best buy customer service and they told me that it was a glitch in the system that it was supposed to be sent out tomorrow. i'm absolutely done with best buy

David808Arias

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
I live in Hawaii, and mine is a regular store. I still have about 4hrs before they open. I just hope they didn't send out my email prematurely, like the other comments...

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
So not cool. You know how stores have to sell at the price advertised, mistake or not? BB should have to honor that email. You have it in writing your device is ready for pickup. It does not say it's available but u can't get it until tomorrow.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I just got a phone call from my local Best Buy "My name is [insert name] from your Best Buy in Battle Creek, MI. I am calling to let you know to come in tomorrow to get your pre-ordered Note 8. Good thing I have an awesome boss who said I could take a couple of hours off tomorrow to get my phone. I will post back here tomorrow to let you all know how it goes.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think its that serious to fire someone over it. We all make mistakes lol
Yes and no, there are people that will avoid best buy over it, which best buy loses money and public relations takes a hit. My brother went thru this with the s8 plus, so apparently best buy isn't learning from their mistakes. I know from my experiences, my brothers, and reading everyone else's, I'm not planning on doing much business with best buy.

AAinTX

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Ordered phone Wednesday. Arrived at my house Thursday. Took hours this morning to get it activated, both with a call to Best Buy and AT&T chat session, but I am finally up and going and fully activated.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I know I’m personally angry because online preorders got delivered early, whereas I have to wait for the actual release date.

After preordering the iPhone 5s awhile back, i swore I’d never do business with them again. That was the biggest mess whatsoever.

And look at me now... still preordering phones through them and also working for them smdh lol

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes and no, there are people that will avoid best buy over it, which best buy loses money and public relations takes a hit. My brother went thru this with the s8 plus, so apparently best buy isn't learning from their mistakes. I know from my experiences, my brothers, and reading everyone else's, I'm not planning on doing much business with best buy.

They did a email just like this when I pre-ordered my Note 7 so I wasn't surprised. They are messed up. I can wait until tomorrow, been 10 days since a lot of people started getting them. Oh well.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately SAD but TRUE! The same fiasco just happened to me, drove across town only to be told I have to come back again tomorrow. This is my 1st & LAST pre order, at least through BEST BUY!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci