Bluetooth automatically turning off / Screen Rotation automatically turning on, why is this happening?

A

AC Question

Bluetooth automatically turning off / Screen Rotation automatically turning on

I have a Galaxy S5 and I set the setting using the pull down shade to not allow screen rotation (icon goes dark) and turn on Bluetooth (icon is lit). After a while in between uses (estimated at least 10 mins or so), I will turn on the phone and screen rotation has been enabled (icon is lit), and bluetooth has been disabled (icon is dark). This has repeated regularly over the last several weeks and has not been caused by accident or anything else.

Any ideas?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth automatically turning off / Screen Rotation automatically turning on

I have a Galaxy S5 and I set the setting using the pull down shade to not allow screen rotation (icon goes dark) and turn on Bluetooth (icon is lit). After a while in between uses (estimated at least 10 mins or so), I will turn on the phone and screen rotation has been enabled (icon is lit), and bluetooth has been disabled (icon is dark). This has repeated regularly over the last several weeks and has not been caused by accident or anything else.

Any ideas?
Welcome to Android Central!

Did you recently update the phones OS?

Pugachev970

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth automatically turning off / Screen Rotation automatically turning on

No I don't believe I have. I believe it was late last year for the last update. I always do it when its pushed.

Pugachev970

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Found out the problem. The "Avast Battery Saver" app had a profile that was selected that, under "Advanced settings" had settings that would shut off Bluetooth functions and turn on screen rotation. I adjusted those settings to match my preference and I haven't had a problem since.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Found out the problem. The "Avast Battery Saver" app had a profile that was selected that, under "Advanced settings" had settings that would shut off Bluetooth functions and turn on screen rotation. I adjusted those settings to match my preference and I haven't had a problem since.

Battery Saver apps are a waste of time and battery. My advice, uninstall it asap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver