Boring forum

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Man, this forum is starting to get dull...lol too many new phones coming out and everybody upgrading. I honestly still love my OG Droid and don't plan on getting a new phone until VZW brings LTE to my area which won't be til late 2012 because I live in a small town :mad: What about everybody else? Do you still love your OG or are you itching to get a new cooler phone?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i moved on to the X 7 months ago when it released. its just the nature of smartphones; there is always something bigger and better 6 months down the road.

that said, you would be hard pressed to argue that no phone has done more to grow the android OS during its brief history than the original droid. it is still an awesome phone, and quite a few people who frequent this forum owned one at some point.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, my two year contracts are starting to suck. Tho' frankly, I'm happy right now that I didn't jump a couple months back since 4 stuff is coming out. I can wait until Nov. Can't I?????

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have to agree about it being the stepping stone for Android to grow...it was around before but after the OG dropped it blew the Android scene up!!

That's the thing I hate/love about tech, you buy something and 6 months later and its basically outdated tech because something bigger and better comes out. lol

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy right now that I didn't jump a couple months back since 4 stuff is coming out.
Odd comment. Stuff is always coming out.

That's the thing I hate/love about tech, you buy something and 6 months later and its basically outdated tech because something bigger and better comes out. lol
It's outdated if it doesn't suit your needs. The definition above is what marketing uses for the definition of outdated.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
4G/4LTE is a rather big game changer, Takeshi! To have bought a new phone a month or two back only to see 4LTE pop out...that's a little bigger leap than the usual technology changes.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Man, this forum is starting to get dull...lol too many new phones coming out and everybody upgrading. I honestly still love my OG Droid and don't plan on getting a new phone until VZW brings LTE to my area which won't be til late 2012 because I live in a small town :mad: What about everybody else? Do you still love your OG or are you itching to get a new cooler phone?

I really enjoy Phil and all the articles here at AC, but I prefer Droid Forums For my forum needs.

Check out the work Pete has done, with his Gingerbread Rom. Works great on my Droid.

Good luck.

likwidsoul

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been beat to hell and back been through many roms and been bricked quite a few times. I will miss my droid og but next to the bionic its a ti83 and if you ran out and upgraded a few months ago then its your fault. I have known about lte for over 6 months thanks to this site. When I upgrade I will most likely hack together a nice rom that will make my og a great little pmp. I will just pull out all of the crap that makes it a phone. No need for phone app, GPS, messaging, and a host of other crap. It might not be the best out anymore but even after upgrade I just don't want to give it up.