Call Quality after Advanced Calling software update

gemery#CB

Banned
Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Having recently added HD calling to my phone, have noticed that calls that are not of the VoLTE variety are worse than before. The quality of the call that I am hearing seems to be tinny, and have a digital static sound, like a bad monitor speaker sound. I have a partner that has the same model phone and she agrees that the non HD calls sound this way as well.

The HD calls are fantastic. Those are a great improvement, the video calling feature is nice as well.

Just the normal calls are experiencing this degrade in sound quality..

How about you?

Gil Emery

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm not having QUALITY issues, but the volume through the earpiece has gotten quieter again..this seems to vary up or down when updates occur. Having a hard time hearing some people now.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having QUALITY issues, but the volume through the earpiece has gotten quieter again..this seems to vary up or down when updates occur. Having a hard time hearing some people now.

I think this is to do with the android safety police, it must reset the warning about listening to audio too loud. Mine does it too and I have to go and listen to a music app with my BT earpiece and turn up the volume until I see the warning about listening to music to loud and accept it, after that my call volume goes back to normal through my BT.

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
FYI, I turned off the VOLTE option on my phone, and earpiece volume returned to acceptable. Guess I don't really need it until more people / carriers get it all together on the voice over LTE. No one in my contacts list has it.

I wonder if this is a phone-specific issue as other people haven't posted about this problem. I also noticed varying reviews of the earpiece output on the new Turbo.