Can't clear voicemail notification icon

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone.......Been trying all week to solve this issue. Can't get rid of the voicemail notification icon in the notification bar. Tried calling voicemail several times and "logging" off....and it didn't clear. Tried turning the phone on and off.....did battery pulls......cleared cache, etc. Any tricks to getting rid of this....haven't had anyone leave me voicemail since that last time, so don't know if that would do the trick......but would like to get rid of it before then. Thanks for any help you can give!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The only thing that works for me is actually deleting the VM from your inbox. As soon as you end the call. The notification should go away.

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
No....don't use VVM app of any kind. If I were to touch on the icon...it just directs me to my phone and dials voicemail......just feel as if it is a notification that won't clear. How could I see if it is a Verizon deal trying to push their VVM?

Jihoonie

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Samsung Epic 4G (which I returned, now running on a Droid X with verizon).

Are you roaming by any chance? That is what caused my problem and the VM icon disappeared when I entered back into the network.

If that's not it, something a customer service rep had me do (to no avail, but maybe it'll work for you) was leave myself a message from a different phone and then check & delete VM.

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Not roaming but i tried to update my roaming capabilities,.....sent myself a voicemail from another phone, deleted that voicemail, and BANG....it worked! Thanks for all the help everyone......still think Android is the best....LOVE my X!