Conduct on the forums... Please read.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like to make it known to all be careful on your choice of words and expressions in your posts. The administrators and moderators are starting to clamp down on rude and uncalled for conduct on the boards as to keep the clean friendly image that Android Central represents. I back them on this practice 100% and not because I'm an adviser here but because its known as a forum (even before I became an adviser) that I could always visit and participate in without worry of harassment for my views and was treated with respect in return. There are plenty of other forums out there that turn their heads to problematic posts/threads but Android Central is NOT one of those places.

Just watch your comments everyone, I hate to see anyone have the administrators or moderators take action against someone over a comment/post that could of be worded differently. I enjoy reading and participating in everyone's posts and threads and don't want to see things go bad just because we don't always agree.

Lets all have fun and enjoy.

Paul

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't this be better suited in the main forum?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Yes it probably would, but I felt this was needed to nip a few posts lately in the behind before the mods or admins take action. Just throwing out a friendly reminder concerning our conduct here, I follow the same rules as you. I have no special privileges or "powers" as an adviser.

I know why he put it here. ;).

If you want to be rude and call people names go to xda. ;)
I never mentioned any forums in particular..

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes it probably would, but I felt this was needed to nip a few posts lately in the behind before the mods or admins take action. Just throwing out a friendly reminder concerning our conduct here, I follow the same rules as you. I have no special privileges or "powers" as an adviser.

I never mentioned any forums in particular..

Just my two cents. :)

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Paul hits the nail on the head here. Now that I have a chance (now that work is done beating me up) ill be sifting through what I can to catch up and weed out the bad eggs.

Don't let me down my nexus brothers ...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
But you do have this power that convinces people to install ROMs and kernels when they should be doing their day jobs or spending time with their families...
LOL.... I don't have any powers or mind control... You did that all on your own with a little support from me ;)

Lol... So true...

Life is better that stock right?

chirp chirp... chirp chirp... I take it that is a big 10-4 !

Paul hits the nail on the head here. Now that I have a chance (now that work is done beating me up) ill be sifting through what I can to catch up and weed out the bad eggs.

Don't let me down my nexus brothers ...
Yikes! We've been caught.... Whats up brother! Hopefully not overstepping my boundaries here, just trying to remind everyone as a friend to keep things cool or actions could be taken. I know some conversations concerning ICS and its release, ROMs , etc have been a bit heated lately at all forums and I don't want to see any of our members get into trouble over disagreements over some silly OS update or our opinions on the device or manufactures....

Ha! :D

These guys really think they got me pegged don't they? Special powers.. HA HA HA...

Maybe... They didn't make me an adviser for nothing.... :p

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
LOL.... I don't have any powers or mind control... You did that all on your own with a little support from me ;)

Life is better that stock right?

chirp chirp... chirp chirp... I take it that is a big 10-4 !

Yikes! We've been caught.... Whats up brother! Hopefully not overstepping my boundaries here, just trying to remind everyone as a friend to keep things cool or actions could be taken. I know some conversations concerning ICS and its release, ROMs , etc have been a bit heated lately at all forums and I don't want to see any of our members get into trouble over disagreements over some silly OS update or our opinions on the device or manufactures....

These guys really think they got me pegged don't they? Special powers.. HA HA HA...

Maybe... They didn't make me an adviser for nothing.... :p

I'm pretty sure I can speak for a lot of us here when I say that your work on this board is very much appreciated Paul.

I'll be the first to admit that I know little, outside the download and flash new ROM's part, and you manage to enlighten the bunch of us on a daily, if not hourly, basis. When I first left bberry, after 7 years of waiting for something more from them in terms of
Ui, it was your list of what kernels were, and how they are utilized, that helped me understand what this was all about.

Reactions: Paul627g

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I can speak for a lot of us here when I say that your work on this board is very much appreciated Paul.

I'll be the first to admit that I know little, outside the download and flash new ROM's part, and you manage to enlighten the bunch of us on a daily, if not hourly, basis. When I first left bberry, after 7 years of waiting for something more from them in terms of
Ui, it was your list of what kernels were, and how they are utilized, that helped me understand what this was all about.

I stills don't understand squat from when I first got an evo on launch day lmao

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Does this include personal handles, such as "ip_freely" being offensive - haha

Yes, the developers are over there but float thru here. And there has been some nastiness, so much
so I have changed roms and kernels not caring to read and try to stay up to date.

That is the beauty of this forum, and many of the readers from xda should actually stay here.

1. Many threads are way to technical - more than normal users need to know and will understand. I have
read those of interest, learned, but don't care to get anymore techy than I am. I am so glad they are
doing the things they do to make our phones, whatever you have, more fun and useful.
2. Because of their technical expertise, some lack patience, and that shows because of repeated
questions - many from newcomers learning of the site and not taking the time to read and learn a little
before they jump in with some rather dumb questions. I have read "does 4g work on ics so many times,
it is ridiculous! And they get flamed, but people do need to learn to read and search, then questions
will be properly answered.
3. Since this forum is less techy, you can still get what you need, learn, and ask questions. People seem
more helpful and patient.

Remember, we all had to start at zero knowledge of Android to get to where we are, our level of expertise,
and how we hack phones. You do or you wouldn't be reading this. So be kind to others to help them, you
got this help yourself, and give back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi