Dead Note 2

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Woke up at 3am and checked my phone and it was off.. Weird I thought so I try to turn it on, won't come on..uh oh so now I'm completely awake. I am on call so gotta have my phone. Pulled the battery no dice, went and got spare out of truck, no good. Checked to make sure they were charged w/external charger. Finally plugged phone in and got it to boot!. Booted and turned off. :( Rebooted and phone came on but would not get a data signal and voice it said was roaming?!?! Couldn't even make a call to forward my phone to a different handset. So after an hour on the phone w/technical support they tell me "yeah your phone is messed up" and to take it into Verizon for replacement. Hope this is isolated I am kinda leery of getting another Note 2 never had a phone crap out on me like this. It's only 5 days old.:'(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Woke up at 3am and checked my phone and it was off.. Weird I thought so I try to turn it on, won't come on..uh oh so now I'm completely awake. I am on call so gotta have my phone. Pulled the battery no dice, went and got spare out of truck, no good. Checked to make sure they were charged w/external charger. Finally plugged phone in and got it to boot!. Booted and turned off. :( Rebooted and phone came on but would not get a data signal and voice it said was roaming?!?! Couldn't even make a call to forward my phone to a different handset. So after an hour on the phone w/technical support they tell me "yeah your phone is messed up" and to take it into Verizon for replacement. Hope this is isolated I am kinda leery of getting another Note 2 never had a phone crap out on me like this. It's only 5 days old.:'(

Sorry to hear that. That's the only case i have heard of i believe. Thankfully they replaced it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Really surprised no *factory reset* was tried. Anyway.....good that you are running fine now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh we did the factory reset to no avail. And not running yet, I still get to play at the Verizon store. I am SO excited! :mad:

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange.. like you said I'm sure it's an isolated rare case. Have had 0 issues with mine since day one. Glad VZW replaced it with no issue!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Good you are getting it replaced. They would do that without issues. There can be a bad build in anything.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Finally done, got a new replacement, after going through the whole troubleshooting thing again..sign. Only another hour at the store.

danish_dharani

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Friends

same things happened to me today. Phone was completely off as if battery was completely drained. As far as i remember it was charged 54% when i last used it (before 10 mins).

I was searching for clue on internet for dead note 2 and suddenly got too many posts about it. I believe there is some serious issue in this phone and samsung must be aware of it by now.

few days back i have gone through some article about bug in quad core processor which is used in note2. this bug can damage phone, wipe/steel data or help to gain root access remotely. I am not sure about this issue but it seems like it is effecting these phones.

lets hope me phone also get replace without any hassle.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Friends

same things happened to me today. Phone was completely off as if battery was completely drained. As far as i remember it was charged 54% when i last used it (before 10 mins).

I was searching for clue on internet for dead note 2 and suddenly got too many posts about it. I believe there is some serious issue in this phone and samsung must be aware of it by now.

few days back i have gone through some article about bug in quad core processor which is used in note2. this bug can damage phone, wipe/steel data or help to gain root access remotely. I am not sure about this issue but it seems like it is effecting these phones.

lets hope me phone also get replace without any hassle.
The bug in the processor has already been fixed via a OTA patch VZW (and all other carriers) have sent out.

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
? seached on dead note 2 and I found you bot not a rash of other reports. Did you post the problem in several places because some of the other text sounds like yours above. I've been lurking in the Note forums for some months and dead note phones are not coming up very often and a lot of those were no mystery, the phone was dropped and the screen cracked. hopefully will see the flexible screen technology some day.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone has done this a few times. I'll be waiting for a text message or something from someone then I go to check my phone and it isn't responding. So I have to pull the battery out and reboot it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this once on a 5 hour old CLNR. Went to make a call and the screen turned black. Phone turned off and wouldn't turn on. Put battery in old phone and it turned on. Removed and phone failed still. 20 minutes later I got it back on and data worked but could not make or receive calls or texts. Never could fix it nor could Verizon. This has never happened to any phone before and has me worried.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24