Did anyone get 2.2 via OTA already??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The version of EVERYTHING in the downloadable update matches with everything I've seen online for the full release OTA version coming, namely the version of the build 3.26.365.3 (3.26.365.1 was pre-release). My Evo even downloaded some update as soon as it started up, so I'm not worried. Wait all you want if that'll make you feel better. I'll continue enjoying the benefits of Froyo today instead of Tuesday. And yes, I prefer to have it now rather than later.

FOUR Evo's in our house all updated, and NONE of them have any problems at all. Not even a little glitch here or there. This build is solid.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How is it considered a leak if both sites claimed it would be available for a manual update starting July 30th?

The memo saying it would be open to download was a Sprint internal memo... The Sprint Press release never said a thing about July 30... The Sprint press release on Friday said "Starting Tuesday August 3rd" and for "Those who can't wait will have the option to manually update at that time"

Several web sites were showing build 3.25.651.1 and the build I ended up with was 3.26.651.3 which means some of the early "Leaked" builds were not the latest....

Heck Android Central posted this video with the 3.25.651.1 build on July 30

YouTube - Android 2.2 on the Evo 4G

I think the build we got was meant for beta testers to test out over the weekend and give Sprint/HTC/Google time to tweak it for a final build to be released OTA on Tuesday......

I could be wrong but I do think this build was a leaked build not what Sprint or HTC wanted out yet....

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
How is it considered a leak if both sites claimed it would be available for a manual update starting July 30th?

You need to get your story straight before you post something you are soooo sure about.

It was never available via clickable link from either. The direct file link was leaked.

The manual update Sprint refers to on their PR states users can manually force it from the device starting the *week of* Aug 1st, tomorrow. Still not sure if that means tomorrow or the 3rd for the manual request... we will find out soon enough. I hope this clears up some confusion.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
But it was available for download on HTC's website. Not just any random site.. It was on HTC's!

It was from HTC's corporate servers..... people posted links to the server but it wasn't an open website.... By 9 last night HTC had pulled the link.... They probably posted it and told their beta testers "this is the link to test" and some one on that beta list leaked it on a forum or some where and it ended up in the hands of more people than they wanted...

Even a few secondary sites that had it loaded were down by this morning.. Not sure if that was an HTC/Sprint thing or the people who uploaded it to secondary sites pulled it.....

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
You need to get your story straight before you post something you are soooo sure about.

It was never available via clickable link from either. The direct file link was leaked.

The manual update Sprint refers to on their PR states users can manually force it from the device starting the *week of* Aug 1st, tomorrow. Still not sure if that means tomorrow or the 3rd for the manual request... we will find out soon enough. I hope this clears up some confusion.

It was available via clickable link. That's what your missing...

I did under support for the Evo 4G.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support%2Fevo-sprint%2Fhelp%2F&token=8Xwe21WC

It was under the downloads tab. At least when I looked at it yesterday.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah and put up too early obviously and subsequently pulled. Why would they pull the link? Oh, and a quote on Engadget:

Update: HTC just shot us a message to clarify that this is not the final ROM version and that the company is strongly recommending not to install this. Additionally, a request has been put in to remove the file from the server, so if you still want to try at your own risk, better download now while it's still available.

Do you really think it was an official manual release? Really?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
No I know for fact it wasn't a Official release. HTC even said download at your own risk. Now from that I take that it was in fact a beta test for early adopters wanting to try it out. Motorola did the same thing on the first Droid for 2.0.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
They didn't say download at your own risk. They said they strongly recommend NOT installing this. I'm sorry that you can't seem to tell the difference.

Weird cause on that link it said "download at your own risk". At least under the downloads tab it did. I didn't download it, because I wanted to wait for the official OTA to drop. So why would I waste my damn time fabricating a stupid situation? Who effin cares!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I never saw a direct link... When I first read the download was out there I went to HTC.com and then to the EVO page and then support and downloads and it was not there. This was around 5 - 6 last night (Central time).... I came here and checked the forums and some people had posted a direct link that when you clicked it instantly started the download and that was it.... Yeah it was an HTC.com link but it was just to the direct download.

That isn't to say the link wasn't on the HTC.com/EVO page at one point but who knows.. All I know is the version I have is the same Version from Sprints support page as the build about to be released so I am okay with it....

I mean think about it... The day the EVO was released there was an HTC OTA update to fix a few SD card issues that slightly changed the build and then on 6.28 they released an update that had problems and had to be pulled... Then on 6.29 the released a slightly modified version....

So even if this isn't the final build I am pretty sure when it does hit we will all be able to update to .5 or .6 or what ever they finish on and don't be surprised if by the end of August there is an update to this update as more bugs hit as more and more people get the update...... Happens all the time on these new smartphones...

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
we are getting off topic...its over guys...hes asking if anyone has done the manual install yet. THe manual install that sprint said could be done on the 1st.

So...anyone yet?

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
we are getting off topic...its over guys...hes asking if anyone has done the manual install yet. THe manual install that sprint said could be done on the 1st.

So...anyone yet?

Me thinks its not going to be a midnight type deal:.. anyone remember what time the 1.47 ota came out?

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
check your settings- system updates- Firmware update option everyone!...

mine is taking REALLY LONG to check, and im getting the error unable to complete update at this time please call customer care yadda yadda...

Status
Not open for further replies.