Did not get Swype with 3.70.651.1

DrR10n

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
So my phone was working fine until I installed this stupid maintenance update 3.70.651.1. My two biggest concerns are:

1. Wifi is less reliable. It won't stay connected to a network and I have to keep turning WiFi on and off to make it recognize the network.

2. I didn't get Swype! I had the beta version installed on the phone before I installed the update and when it was complete, I got an error on re-boot (swype force close). This occurred everytime I tried to use Swype as well. So I uninstalled the beta and now I have no swype.

Any suggestions? Can I re-install the 3.70.651.1 update? Can I roll back to the old version? I'd actually rather roll back to be honest.

Please help. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as swype, go to the text message area. Long press on the text input box then choose select input method. Should give you 2 choices.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
you said you uninstalled the swype beta, also reset your phone.. then you should be able to re-enable swype the usual way..

DrR10n

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
hmm... i guess i'm an idiot. what an easy fix. thanks for the help guys. now if i could only fix the wifi disonnection issues... any ideas?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
hmm... i guess i'm an idiot. what an easy fix. thanks for the help guys. now if i could only fix the wifi disonnection issues... any ideas?

i had this issue, but on a rooted phone. i re-flashed the radios, clear'd caches, wiped data, and voila it's going real strong now.

uhhh... my only suggestion to you is reset the phone?

Liljoe83

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Delete old swype and beta then reboot your phone and there u go. Swype would b enabled once u enable swype keyboard. I had the same problem u have.