Do you have a Note 3? What's your thoughts on it?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
How is the wifi and wifi calling T-Mobile people? This is a huge deal for me as I need this feature for my house... It's the only thing holding me back from getting the phone since some seem to be complaining about it having issues.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

This is the first phone that Wifi calling worked for me

Hernandezsrt

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Funny story I got my note the day before official T-Mobile launch, it's been a week now and I haven't been billed for it!

I regretted trading my note 2 for the s4 but now having the note 3 I'm glad I did.
The "pleather" back has grown on me, and the processing power is down right ludicrous.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone. Just about everything about it makes me really happy only complain is that I wish the sound was louder. When playing a movie or TV show I tend to just blue tooth it with my bose soundock. It may just be me because I have bad tinnitus ever since I was in an explosion. But other than that everything works great! Best phone I've ever owned. No lag. I have had a few force closes but it's great.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I'm hoping that a future update takes care of these problems. There hasn't been anything yet that I would say is a deal breaker. I did just come from the iPhone 5 which is still a really awesome phone. I just wanted to test the waters with the Note 3. I had the Note 2 and really liked it. Was figuring the Note 3 would be that much better with a better screen and faster processor. I was right. So far, it is a keeper.

sent from the baddest device on the planet, my brand new Galaxy Note 3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the first phone that Wifi calling worked for me

That's good to hear. It's been working on my HTC One so just wanted to be sure it would work if / when I get my Note 3.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well,, no,, it's not dumb. It feels better in your hand for a reason,, most likely the reasons I mentioned.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that the keyboard is phenomenal. I was testing it against my iPhone 5 which up until now I thought was the superior keyboard to any other. This keyboard keeps up in every way and with the number row at the top makes the keyboard way better. And I would be remiss if I left out the gesture typing capability. I have had many Samsung Android devices but the keyboards on those were never as good as this. I am very happy in that respect. I haven't really tried gaming with the phone just yet. I think that will be my next test.

sent from the baddest device on the planet, my brand new Galaxy Note 3.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If everybody went into stores and negotiated and walked out if they wouldn't, the phone prices would drop overnight. Of course the OP has a right to negotiate on the high street. Sometimes shops surprise you and actually negotiate back, or give you a freebie like a cover or an SD card. I got a free car kit once. Don't be lemmings.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 84984

ZAGG Invisible Shield and all. :)

Note 8.0

Noticed that you are using apex or nova launcher. Does the my magazine feature still work while swiping up, is it an app by itself, or can you set it up as a gesture in nova or apex? On Verizon, so I still have to wait a few days. Anyone can answer this question from an alternate carrier lol. Always wanted blinkfeed, but not enough to get an HTC One.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Noticed that you are using apex or nova launcher. Does the my magazine feature still work while swiping up, is it an app by itself, or can you set it up as a gesture in nova or apex? On Verizon, so I still have to wait a few days. Anyone can answer this question from an alternate carrier lol. Always wanted blinkfeed, but not enough to get an HTC One.

I forgot all about the My Magazine app. It doesn't appear to work by swiping up in Nova (I may set that up) to play with it.

from my Note 3

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Got my Note 3 last Thursday, so far it is a very mixed bag. I am coming from the ATT OG Note.

On the plus side all of the Note specific stuff are great, a huge improvement over the OG Note as it should be. It is nice to have Android 4.3, and feel confident that we will probably get 4.4. The back on the Black model I have feels great and is fairly easy to hold. The whole phone is actually a few mm thinner then the OG Note. As others have said the built in keyboard is great. I have like 3 keyboards available to me from the playstore i have purchased in the passed and have yet to have any desire to load one. So far I don't feel like I have delt with much or any lag, but that take however you like since i am coming from the OG Note. There is no doubt that the phone is a beast when it comes to multitasking and performance. I have gotten several complimants on ths screen which is certainly amazing. The IR Blast works well from my experience, even in the TPU case I have

On the downside I have had very mixed experiences with phone calls. So far I have had very few completed calls when those i have been calling have stated they were completely avaliable and in good signal areas. On the occasion that a call does complete the audio hasn't been as good as I would hope. My GF commented about the first call I made sounded funny to her and nothing like my OG Note. I have also noticed that on several inbound calls the audio from the phone and my handsfree sysetm in my car is garbled. The only way I can explain it is that it sounds like a VOIP phone in my office that is haveing network issues and you are constantly missing part of the speakers voice in chunks. I also play allot of audio via Google Play Music to either my stereo, or car. So far with a fairly regular frequency the bluetooth cuts out for just a split second. That isn't a huge deal but something to note.

I am actually really concerned about the audio in calls. Some may say this is a note and that possibly shouldn't be a huge priority but it is after all the only cell phone I want to carry. The audio on my OG Note was always great. But on the Note 3 the loss in quality almost makes it impossible to understand. I am currently questioning returning it.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
From what I read on another forum this is a problem known by Samsung. If I can find that thread again I'll post it here.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2 now Free

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
already figured out how. Target: 5% off with your Target credit card. in my state, some towns have half price sales tax. so I go to a target that has 3.5% sales tax. covers tax

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=321475

Found it, the thread is from this forum.

Thanks for the info. I just got back from my ATT Corporate store, and then a ATT Device center. Both of which weren't much help. Basically in the end they did a factory reset, but both suggest going through customer service for a replacement phone. To be honest i am starting to get over this really fast and tell them just to keep it. I loved my Note 1 it is just not able to keep up with everything anymore. But this is crazy, a phone should work as a phone

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any issues with my note 2, call quality is good Wi-Fi could be stronger but it's still decent. Consider the note 2 till they work all the bugs out of the note 3.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been using this device non stop since I bought it and it has been a real joy. I was iffy about having an all in one device. I came from the iPhone and iPad combo to this. I am pleasantly surprised that it has been working out so well for me when I had the Note 2 I still had an iPad so I didn't use the device to its fullest. But now I am and it has been able to hold up very well. I have been draining 5 he battery pretty good throughout the day. But I am still overjoyed with the battery life. For as much as I have been doing it is a miracle that this device has been able to keep up.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my brand new Galaxy Note 3.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having any issues with my note 2, call quality is good Wi-Fi could be stronger but it's still decent. Consider the note 2 till they work all the bugs out of the note 3.

Other then the lack of CPU power and storage My NOTE 1 was doing great. It was just showing its age like most personal computing devices. It just couldn't keep up with the increase demand.