Does anyone know when the EVO will be in stock again?

AndroidmaniaJT

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
My local store doesn't have them in stock. Best buy online neither, does Sprint or Walmart. I do not want the Epic because of it's smaller screen. So does anyone know when the hell it will be in stock again? :(

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just get on a waiting list or are they not doing that anymore? I put myself on 3 Sprint Store lists before I got mine.

lvav06#AC

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I went Friday to best buy had thee and got the last one.
Have you tried radio shack and their r solutions stores? (The ones in Sam's club) Costco? I know every one overlooks thoses small stores and because of that sometimes have plenty or they're just sitting there.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I guess it depends on location. My local Best Buy got 40 last Thursday. I walked in on Friday and picked one up for my daughter. She got a white one to be different from the other 2 black ones we have.

olemil#AC

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
call this guy Art, he works for Sprint and can order it for you.. I ordered on the 17th and ill be getting it on Tues.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...suggestions-how-i-can-get-my-hands-evo-2.html

OK, here's the real question... how do you get in touch with this Art guy? I just called Sprint telesales and got a lady that could barely understand english let alone tell me when the Evo's would be available. She wouldn't even let me back order one... what gives? Guess I'll just keep hammering the closet Sprint store and hope I get lucky to catch one in stock, bad thing it's a 45 minute drive. TIA for any idea's.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
You can call Arthur Briones @ 214.394.8345
He is a sprint business account rep and can get ur order placed when telesales won't / cant. I was totally skeptical too but he did wonders for me and I highly recommend him.

I Love my Evo

olemil#AC

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
You can call Arthur Briones @ 214.394.8345
He is a sprint business account rep and can get ur order placed when telesales won't / cant. I was totally skeptical too but he did wonders for me and I highly recommend him.

I Love my Evo

Thank you, thank you, thank you Donna! Now just one more silly question, can he bill the purchase to my Sprint account the same as if I was buying it on-line or do you have to pay for it when you call? Thanks again!! :D

Last edited:

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was new customer so if was diff for me .... but I'm pretty sure he can bill it if ur account is in good standing....

If u Google his name u will see he's legit.... he sells to like govt agencies and police depts ... I mean its Def frustrating to wait
Once u have ur order in because like lol u want it now but it sure is a hell of a lot better than waiting on a store to get them god knows when.
------
I Love my Evo

olemil#AC

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I was new customer so if was diff for me .... but I'm pretty sure he can bill it if ur account is in good standing....

If u Google his name u will see he's legit.... he sells to like govt agencies and police depts ... I mean its Def frustrating to wait
Once u have ur order in because like lol u want it now but it sure is a hell of a lot better than waiting on a store to get them god knows when.
------
I Love my Evo

Good news/bad news. Well I contacted Arthur and he was cool with ordering it, but said he can only do upgrades and new lines. He is checking to see if he can sell one full price..supposed to call me back. Well if worse comes to worse, I just might add a third line to my family plan...lol. Thanks again for the help, I will keep you updated.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My local store doesn't have them in stock. Best buy online neither, does Sprint or Walmart. I do not want the Epic because of it's smaller screen. So does anyone know when the hell it will be in stock again? :(

As stated above you need to get on a waiting list some where.. I actually just left a Sprint store at lunch ordering the car dock for my EVO and he said they are about 50 deep on the waiting list for the EVO. He told me the Epic preorders are no where near as strong as with the EVO.

You could also try and order online at Wirefly.com or some thing like that. They usually give you a crazy 2 - 4 week lead time though.

As for the Epic if your cool with Android 2.1 and a slide out Keyboard you could go with the Epic.... Screen size shouldn't even be a problem or concern between the EVO and Epic.... 4.3 vs 4.0.... Do you REALLY think .3 inches in screen real estate is that much? Plus from some reviews and video the Epic has a better/higher res AMOLED screen... I think HTC's Sense UI is better than what is on the Epic but the Epic's ability to work with DNLA devices is neat too..

Jet915

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I just called my sprint store every day. I finally got mine a few days ago, they got about 5-10 evos a couple days in a row and sold them out within 2 hours...

rEVOdrive

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
For those members on this forum that have better things to do then to check the sprint.com website and/or call best buy every day to check on the inventory status of the EVO 4G, then may I suggest that you check out evpdiscount.com. I placed my order with them and got my phone in about 6 business days. The advantage with placing your order with evp is that you pretty much set it and forget it... you are billed directly from sprint and once a phone is available they send it to you UPS 2nd day air. Using this method will obviously require patience but it worked out perfectly for me..... sure beats calling for a status update everyday or every other day.